Name of stone atop a pillar?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Possom, Mar 25, 2020.

  1. Possom

    Possom Member

    What is the name commonly used for the concrete "stone" which sits on top of a pillar such as shown. I presume it's going to be something like top stone or cap stone? What do most builders refer to it as?


  2. Heat

    Heat Well-Known Member

    Pier Caps or just Pillar Caps.
    Usually made of concrete.

    And the tops for walls are called wall Copings
    Astramax, WillyEckerslike and Possom like this.
  3. Possom

    Possom Member

    Thanks very much Heat.
    Heat likes this.
  4. RolandK

    RolandK Active Member

    I've got a pair on my gate posts. I call them Tarquin and Jemimma.
    Heat likes this.

Share This Page