Nearly the end

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by peter palmer, Jan 15, 2019.

1. peter palmer

peter palmer Super Member

Sat in hospital tonight, not because of a work injury but withwith really high blood pressure.

I was told I had it about 2 years ago but idiotically stupidly ignored it and in the last few days I've had some really severe headaches. Ummed and arred this morning about driving to casualty today and luckily went. First reading 260/160,

Had some tablets and it started to come down a bit bit when I was transferred to the war I had a fit apparently, foaming at the mouth I'm told. When I came round I didn't know anythong, couldn't answer any questions, didn't even know the year. Couldn't remember how I got there, that was awful.

Had the full works today, needles stick all over me, brain scan. But I'll tell you what, no matter how hard you think you are, that few seconds when the doctor came back with the brain scan results was the most traumatic wait of my life, thankfully all clear. Worst not is after a fit I can't drive for 6 months.

Stay safe out there.

Can't be arsed to alter the spelling mistakes I'm sure you get the jist.

DIY womble likes this.
  2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

That's a real bummer mate. All sounds ok now though. Hope it works out.

Did they tell you to lose weight and cut down drink?

3. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Sounds like you just had a loose wire, now tightened up you should be fine. :D:D:D:D

Seriously though, about 15 years ago I thought I was having an heart attack rushed to hospital and put on all sorts of equipment, was I scared, you bet I was, but luckily I was all good and haven't had anything like it since.

Fingers crossed you'll be the same. :)

4. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

All the best from all at Screwfix

Take care

Martyn21uk, Rulland, KIAB and 2 others like this.
  5. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Hope things improve soon for you Peter.

6. All the best Peter, try and slow down for a bit and things get better soon.

7. peter palmer

peter palmer Super Member

Cheers everyone, yea loose weight, stopped drinking anyway in case that was causing the headaches and meant to say I've put my back out getting up of the cat scanner, in agony with that now.

8. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Peter, I know what it is like. My wife has secondary breast cancer of the spine and we live with the prospects daily.

I really hope you make a full recovery.

Good luck buddy!

9. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Pete

10. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

All the best Peter. I'm sure you're in good hands.

11. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

All the best Peter & keep positive and if possible keep us posted

12. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Look after yourself dude, you're no good to anyone dead:rolleyes:

13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Similar here Peter, 220/160 ignored it for 2 years as bad health only happens to someone else ............2 strokes 4 years ago in one week certainly wakes you up for life style changes, hopefully the warning signs are well and truly on board now. Slow down bro:)

Certainly cannot fault the care and respect I was given by the NHS staff, well and truly 1st class.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    KIAB and DIY womble like this.
  14. sams

sams Member

i recently had the free NHS health check blood pressure 180/80. Was put on medication, change of diet plenty of exercise good food (omega 3 especially) Bp now down to around 140/70.

Best of luck

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

About 20 years ago, I was doing 110+ hours a week, eating badly, lots of stress etc. I kept pushing myself, more and more then started to get heart palpitations and eventually went to see a doctor.

Of all the sobering things was when he went through the lifestyle checklist and before he got through the first page, ripped it up and said it was pointless continuing as most things so far were in the red. I knew what the answer was before the GP said it - change or reduce your life.

So all the best Peter plenty more life to live and at a much slower pace.

16. sams

sams Member

Once heard a Doctor on TV say "if we could prescribed dogs on the NHS we would" . Get a dog get walking , my dog is my best form of medication, walk 2 miles every night with him

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    stateit, Heat and Astramax like this.
  17. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Speedy recovery matey. Can't be too careful with HBP Can cause strokes, even heart failure, Any meds the doc gives you once you leave hospital, tek em, religiously.

18. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Take care of your health Peter.
    Had a couple of scares myself.
    Change your lifestyle and food and drink habits.
    Do it all in a way you enjoy and you will succeed.
    Blood pressure will go even higher in stressful situations, such as being taken into hospital, so monitor your bp yourself by purchasing a monitor to verify actual readings

19. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Glad you are basically Ok Peter.
    Get well soon.:)
    Remember when on their death bed, no one has ever said!
    "I wish I had spent more time in work" !!

You do realise that HIGH BP and foaming at the mouth and having fits is just a contra indication of talking about Brexit :p
    RS

20. ramseyman

ramseyman Screwfix Select

Best wishes for a quick recovery and years and years more on the forum!