Need advice with neighbourhood problem

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by vrDrew63, Oct 3, 2022.

1. questioner

questioner Member

think yourself lucky you dont have yourself as a neighbour, too many people sticking their noses into other peoples business nowadays, the bloke is probably trying to get by with his business and its not the easiest of times, so if you aren't talking about mayfair or Kensington why not get on with your life and stop gaining enemies

Jord86 likes this.
  2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Drew, you are a troll. Why are so many inhabitants of the USA intent on xxxxxxx it up? There are places all over the world that aren’t as clean, tidy and beautiful as could be which are down to many endless reasons, so how you can state some of the inhabitants of the country you now live in are intent on ruining it based on a wonky garage door is utterly farcical and comical.

3. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Someone finally said it!

4. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

Pretty sure I said it on the fencing thread though maybe I just thought it. Definitely trolling. Or very very bored. I stayed out of this one for all the reasons on this thread. :D

I-Man likes this.
  5. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

I think it's Sally in disguise :eek::eek:

kitfit1 likes this.
  6. vrDrew63

vrDrew63 Active Member

Right. I'm the bad guy here.

junk2.jpg

Do you think this is going to solve itself?

Yeah. I know. I'm the villain here. I wasn't suggesting calling the cops, or the council, or the housing estate. I wasn't suggesting leaving nasty notes or tossing a petrol bomb in there. All I did was ask for constructive suggestions as to how we might amicably fix this. Shame on me.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  7. Cris 11

Cris 11 Active Member

You could just tell him a couple of guys where looking in he's garage and they drove off quick when you approached.

koolpc and kitfit1 like this.
  8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Exactly. If this is really "doing your head in", then just do as @Cris 11 said.
    To be honest, i see a thousand times worse things on some estates i work on. If it was pilled up outside the wall mating and onto the drive, it would be something to complain about. But it's not. In fact, unless you were actually stood facing it, i doubt you would notice it at all.

9. GS63

GS63 Active Member

Haven't you got anything better to worry about ( particularly at the moment )?

10. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Who ? me ?

11. GS63

GS63 Active Member

No, vrDrew63

12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

That's good, stopped me worrying now :D

WillyEckerslike and Astramax like this.
  13. GS63

GS63 Active Member

:)

14. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

@vrDrew63 Best go and have a word with him....he may roll out the red carpet!

kitfit1 likes this.
  15. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Couldn't see any red carpet in there..............................but it could be under all the other carpets :D

Astramax likes this.
  16. vrDrew63

vrDrew63 Active Member

Apparently my standards for best practices when it comes to things like warehousing are somewhat different to many of the denizens of this site.

Duly noted.

Would you want to buy flooring that had been stored like that for your house?

OK, I'm the ********. I'm the bad guy.

But I'll walk away from this discussion with, sadly, many of my preconceptions and prejudices confirmed. Hope you're happy. You had an opportunity to demonstrate something different. But you didn't. Good on ya'.

17. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

dramatic much?

18. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

To be fair, unless you are directly in front of it you aint gonna see it. It is well set back and hidden by the porch.

You must have got very close to take that photo, were you trespassing on his drive? Did you have permission to take that photo of his property? If it were my property I wouldn't be very happy with you photographing it in such a manner then posting it on a forum without my permission.

Kettle and pot come to mind here. It ok for you to trespass, photograph, publish and slate him (and now us apparently) in public, but it's not ok for him to have an untidy garage with a broken door.

Pfft :mad:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    sparky steve likes this.
  19. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

"warehousing".......................are you serious ? It's obvious to me most, if not all of those carpets are end of rolls. Have you even seen a proper carpet warehouse ? They cover 100's of 1000's of Sq feet.
    I live next door to Kidderminster, the home of British carpet manufacture......................you simply have no idea of how big a carpet factory is, have you.

Astramax likes this.
  20. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Oh dear....look out for the court case!

kitfit1 likes this.