Need some info on how to extend my patio, photo's included.

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by RipGroove, Apr 22, 2018.

1. RipGroove

RipGroove Member

I'm not a builder or anything but I'm pretty competent with most other mechanical and hands on things so I figure I should be able to do this with some advice from the Pro's.

Plan: I want to replace all the slabs on the existing patio and extend the whole thing out to cover the gravel area.

With my very limited building knowledge I was thinking of building a block wall on the border between the gravel and lawn across the existing path and up each side by the fences, rake the existing gravel flat, smash up the existing slabs and put them on the gravel, get some more gravel (type 1 or 2?) to fill up the remaining space, lay new slabs on top then maybe screw some decking planks to the front of the block wall for decoration. So any help with how to do any of that and point out what I've got wrong in my plan would be great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

To whet your appetite before I or others have the time to answer your post fully, try pavingexpert.com. In fairness, they're pretty damn good.

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Put pavers on your local Freecycle,rather than using for hardcore, looking at them, they should come up easily in one piece.

New patio wall, foundation only needs to be 150mm deep & 300mm width, if single course of brick.
    And working out your level will be easy.

Some good info here:http://www.pavingexpert.com/pavguide.htm

4. RipGroove

RipGroove Member

Thank you, I'll check it out!

5. RipGroove

RipGroove Member

Brilliant, thanks!