Neighbour obstructing shared access

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by pal123, Jan 31, 2021.

1. pal123

pal123 Member

My neighbour has clipped an extension cable overhead a shared access. This extension cable goes from a 240V AC socket within their property.

This cable is around 7 feet off the ground. This will stop vehicles/lorries from access the property. The access is not owned by the neighbour and is shared.

SP Energy own the electrical infrastructure equipment.

Is there a case in point I have to force my neighbour to remove this extension cable or at least sheath it in armoured cable and dug a temporary trench under the shared access? Advice please

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Wait until someone drives down there and pulls it down in the process

3. rogerk101

rogerk101 Screwfix Select

There is far too much unknown context here for any of us to provide any worthwhile guidance.
    What is the extension cable feeding? Why does it need to be above your shared access? Can it not be routed on/over/under his land without encroaching onto your shared access area. Who owns the shared area?

4. pal123

pal123 Member

The extension cable is feeding my neigbour's temporary light equipment which he has in their converted barn. It goes over the shared access as my neighbour's shed is on the other side of the shared access. Yes, the cable can be routed under the shared access. The shared access is not owned by my neighbour - the shared access lane it is owned by someone else (not the council)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  5. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

Communication is always key to getting a good resolution in these sorts of situations. Have you actually discussed it in a friendly way with your neighbour?

If it's only likely to be there very short-term, then probably not worth getting into a dispute.

Deleted member 25896 likes this.