Nest 3 learning thermostat

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Holly183, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Holly183

Holly183 New Member

Hi
    Any help please, I have a Worcester Bosch 30 condensating boiler 2 years old and want to fit a Nest learning therm to this boiler, currently there is a old Randell mk3 timer thing near to the boiler this is always left on for heating and water and a Honeywell stat in the lounge, my question is as the nest is wireless what do I do with the old therm in the lounge, there are 3 wires going to the stat blue to no.2 Yellow to no.3 and Red to no. 1, these obviously go back to the Randell unit then up to the boiler. I would like to “keep” the old stat where it is for future house move and take the nest with me so to reinstate the Honeywell stat.
    Wiring up the heat link is fairly straight forward I just need to know do I isolate the stat at the Randell end or stat end or am I missing something, not fitted the nest yet just gathering info before hand. Hope this makes some sort of sense

2. Mike83

Mike83 Well-Known Member

If keeping the old stat in situ just pop the live and switched live into the same terminal

3. Holly183

Holly183 New Member

Thanks for your reply
    Is This at the stat in the lounge.

4. Mike83

Mike83 Well-Known Member

If your replacing the programmer for the nest heat link and your not modifying the wiring then the room stat will still be part of the heating circuit.
    The stat either needs bridged or removed from the circuit.
    As your planning on reinstating then bridging at the old stat is best.

5. Holly183

Holly183 New Member

Many thanks I will try that