new boiler problem

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by don reed, Nov 28, 2009.

1. don reed

don reed New Member

hi all,can you give me some advice? i had potterton promax 15/2 HE plus installed eight weeks ago by british gas in my bathroom airing cupboard to replace the old freestanding boiler in the kitchen. Nice tidy job and i,m really pleased , but, just recently during the really windy weather the boiler has failed to light (on four occasions) until i press the reset button . Now that the weather is calmer it seems o.k., is this a common fault? & can something be done in case it gets very windy again.I have service contract with british gas but as i live alone i would have to take time off work,so i would be grateful for suggestions as to the cause. Many thanks

2. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

if a work man carries out work that UR not happy about, UR 1st point of action is to get them round to rectify the problem.

fitted 8wks ago??? i'll get them back pronto. dont spend sleepless nights worrying about the next wind? get intouch with BG & ask them to come and make good their mess???:D:

3. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

don, if you want to wind the installers up, which will slow down any response, do as palavaman says, but here is a better approach,
    hello, my name is don and your installers did a fine job for me 8 weeks ago and i'm very happy with it, i have a slight problem with the boiler not working on windy days, would it be possible for someone to call in and have look for me one day,
    thank you so much, don.
    allways be civil to a plumber, it cost nothing and gets better results.

4. palavaman

ok tom, so ur telling him to contact BG?

different info to what i told him, innitt???

ofcourse, i 4got. palavaman said something, so u better not do what he says or ur doomed??? silly me.

5. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Calm down dear!!........Tom has only a concurring opinion!!

6. don reed

don reed New Member

thanks fellas, i guess i,ll get BG back to take a peek inside the boiler,i just wondered if in your experience this is likely to be an easily rectifiable problem or could this be the start of an ongoing saga. i hope not! Good luck to you all , don.

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Sounds like a badly situated flue. Get them back.

8. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

"ok tom, so ur telling him to contact BG?

different info to what i told him, innitt???

ofcourse, i 4got. palavaman said something, so u better not do what he says or ur doomed??? silly me. "

Handbags at dawn methinks :)

9. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

palavaman. don't get paranoid, i was simply pointing out that, if you get on the phone demanding they come back and 'put right their mess', they won't take kindley to the attitude,, would you rush back if demanded?, no, and no begger else will either,
    a man that makes no mistakes, has never done anthing, we all **** up from time to time and when it happens you don't want some shouting insults down the phone, hence a civil approach,

10. imran_

imran_ New Member

BG will just ID it

11. don reed

don reed New Member

whats ID mean?

12. billybongos

billybongos New Member

13. palavaman

whats ID mean?

Immediately Dangerous, or something not said in a public forum. if u phone imran, he'll tell u???

14. don reed

don reed New Member

I think i,d better go and lie down in a darkroom and see what develops (with maybe a valium or two).Cheers all, Don

15. palavaman

don, pls, pls, do not top urself with valium? not worth the bother. surely, all u have 2do is phone BG?

i promise u they'll come round and sort the problem. remember, they fitted it.

think of the missery ur loved ones will have over the christmas (not so festive, if ur not there to enjoy with them)?

16. Teuchter

Teuchter New Member

Don, after the Valium has taken effect, do come back and tell us what happened with BG.

Ta :)

17. don reed

don reed New Member

I,ve booked a couple of days off next week so that the man from BG can have a look,i,ll let you know what the outcome is.Cheers,Don.

18. palavaman

well done don!

now ur approaching this the right way

CHEERS!!!

19. palavaman

Has BG sorted it out Don?
    We are still waiting   You promised to update us, remember?

*****, this looks like an old post

20. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Oooooh! You are awful!