Forum Support New ESRTP4RF won’t pair and no signal.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Craig k, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Craig k

Craig k New Member

Do the dog basically ate our old thermostat. We purchased a new one and with a receiver. The thermostat shows a Ariel with a circle and line through it so no signal. I know the receiver in the box is paired to the thermostat out of the box from the factory, but can a new thermostat pair with a old receiver of the same type. I’ve reset boiler and thermostat. Batteries out turned round and still no joy. The green manual lift on the receiver just keeps flashing green and still no signal from the new thermostat. I’ve exhausted every possible fix on the internet except a full new receiver being wired in. Any ideas

2. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Have you paired it following the instruction in installers guide ?

3. Craig k

Craig k New Member

Yes, held down M/A button until green manual flashes. Hold down a and h and + on the thermostat, while it’s in the off position. Held for ages. Green light on the receiver just kept flashing and no signal on thermostat.

4. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

Sometimes manufacturers make small changes to the comms protocol or RFchannels used. I would try to swap the old receiver with the new one supplied in the box. If it still won’t pair it’s likely to be faulty

5. Notnowvicar

Notnowvicar Screwfix Select

I hate to ask but is this in your property or is it rented, those things can have a lot of the settings locked out by landlords, basically the old one could be used to set say the maximum temp, then if it was locked out. If a new thermostat was allowed to be added then this could just bypass the settings....

If any lock out was set then you will need the old one and the passowrd (pin) or buy another receiver and fit that.

The slider needs to be in the off position A H + held for 3 seconds till the signal strength flashes then leave alone...it can take quite a time.

If nothing was set then you need to repeat the cycle every 5 minutes for some time, they can take 4 or 5 goes and leave everything turned on in between

6. Craig k

Craig k New Member

We own the house it’s not rented. I’ll try a few time based on what you’ve mentioned

7. Craig k

Craig k New Member

It didn’t work

8. Notnowvicar

Esi
    Says you can have 6 room thermostats so it must be possible,

Have you tried turning the boiler power off and doing a fresh install, ie disconnect the receiver.

ESI help which is rubbish is this:

f this is a new installation, ensure there is a connection to the common terminal (either a link from the Live or a low voltage feed from the boiler) Switch off the power for 2 minutes then reconfigure the receiver with the transmitter (thermostat) as per the instructions. Below is a quick guide reference:

PAIRING INSTRUCTIONS

ESRTERFW

• Turn the receiver on. Both lights should come on for a few seconds
    • Hold M/A down until Manual Button flashes (green)
    • Insert batteries in RTERFW, turn dial up to 5 and remove dial.
    • Press and hold the black button until the receiver light goes off.
    • To check it is paired, turn the thermostat above room temperature and check that the red manual button (on the receiver) lights up.
    ESRTPRF

• Insert batteries in RTPRF
    • Press and hold day and set together until the receiver light goes off.
    • To check it is paired, turn the thermostat above room temperature and check that the red manual button (on the receiver) lights up.
    ESRTP4RF

• On the unit, switch the slider to OFF. Press and hold the A, H and + buttons for 3 seconds until the symbol flashes.
    • When the receiver light goes off, the units are paired.

9. Craig k

Craig k New Member

Yeah done all this

10. Notnowvicar

I have phoned them twice before on Tel: 01280 816868 always been pretty helpful.