New fandangled screwfix forum, points system and other gripes.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by captainchaos, Jan 6, 2011.

1. captainchaos

captainchaos New Member

If points are going to awarded for correct or helpful answers why are we only allowed a choice of two helpful answers. There can be loads of helpful answers you have to narrow them down to two. Doesn't. seem fair to the people who post replies. That's all.And what's all this 'mark as a question' *. You have 15 mins to mark as question. *. What if you just want to leave a comment like " the new screwing forum is really * because it has a stupid * interface!

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

2. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Five! I'm not sure I have ever been on here when four others are logged on at the same time! Usually when I come on its deserted...not that I take it personally....

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

don't forget me hotdog,  i keep lookin in and postin,

4. Forumfave

Forumfave New Member

I don't know how to register let alone log-in to this dreary forum so consequently, never post here and that, dear pleboids, is a f

act.

5. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Just had an email from Screwfix - they don't like the "tone" of my posts. Well they can go get stuffed then!

I'm off - forever.

Goodbye.

6. babyspark

babyspark New Member

bye hot dog, have enjoyed your posts.....:'(

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

tara Hotdawg.:(

Yet another regular bites the dust.

Screwfix have cocked-up their forum big time. It's about time some of the morons that run their incompetant IT dept got fired.

I'm not sure I will bother coming back on here much more.

8. removed 7

removed 7 New Member

Blimey!  This is a bit like the tale of the Ten little * Boys: 'And then there were two'  - just Clint and Lucia...........

9. Doonhamer Dan

Doonhamer Dan New Member

There used to be new posts every 10 minutes,now it's every 2 or 3 days and a severe lack of wit.:(

10. Forumfave

Forumfave New Member

"There used to be new posts every 10 minutes,now it's every 2 or 3 days and a severe lack of wit."

Lololololol, nice one.

That's the best yet.

11. A self-fulfilling post.

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

True, its a total and utter shambles, this used to be a a great forum with of course the usual garbage tacked on. Now its like a ghost town. I give it 6 months and the plug will get pulled, there is no prospect ever of the old one coming back as that would involve Screwfix admitting a balls-up. A great resource for information and arguing and frankly taking the mick destroyed. No need to do it, virtually all the new fangled stuff gets no use, all thats needed is a box to write in and a post button. A forum lives and dies on the hardcore regular posters and if you asked the hundred or so regular contributors to here old or new, they will nearly all say old I bet. Then again what do I know, technologies not my bag, maybe I am a luddite.

13. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

all very sad but true goldenboy. but who's to blame, not too long ago regular posters where fed up of the trolls and begged screwfix to do something about it, and now we're left a empty forum, we're even glad to have the resident troll,
    no prizes for guessing who.

14. Forumfave

Forumfave New Member

Oh come on, tom.lump, just cos he wears dresses and drives a Landy doesn't make him a troll tha knerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs.

15. As you say, Tom, a couple of months ago peeps on here were bleating on about how basic and inadequate the forum was. Screwfix did the 'decent' thing and gave us an updated one. Ok, it's flawed*, but still does everything we need it to. And with a few extra genuinely useful features too. And a few more that are simply not required.

So, it's back and at least no worse than it was before. So why have so many of the original posters disappeared? It can't be that they simply don't like the new format - after all, it ain't a million miles from every other forum on t'net.

Whilst it was shut down, I have to admit I did cross over to t'other side - the one with ultimate handypeeps - for some teknikal information and I have to say everyone on there was extremely helpful and spot on. However, I also have to say that my heart belongs here, firmly nailed to Screwfix's mast - there's something about it on here that just feels like cyber-home...

Ok, what that 'something' is is the peeps wot frequent the place. A long roll-call of unique peeps, and a lot of history... (One of the big pluses of the new forum is the way it digs up  threads from old which have a connection to new topics. Eg: I suspect Up is still wondering at the creation of the universe - must add to that thread pretty soon...)

I'm not an avid user of internet forums in general; the few others I peruse are very specific to my 'needs' - 2CVs and, er, that's about it :(

This forum has my other need - praktikal stuff - and then a litlle bit more.

So, all this place really needs to wake back up is for a few more of the originals to 'return home', as well as the slow trickle of newbys.

More of that, and less b'tch'ng should do the trick.

* Jeez - half the time I'm on here my cursor doesn't even appear...

16. big all

big all Screwfix Select

half the problem also half the solution was the very very basic easy to understand forematt off the old screwfixand the overly complicated new setup that just feels so allien like we are on a different planet never mind a different forum

17. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

i too feel more at home here, i 'do' 3 other forums, and if you do a remark slighly off topic they give out warnings of "hoi stop trying to turn this forum into a screwfix forum" and whack your hands,
    its got to come right someday,
    oh and no, forumdave, the forum troll dos't drive a landy and wear frocks, thats the forum godess ;) as you well know.

18. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

My dear Tomp, you're such the sweet, disarming Lancastrian that I could almost forgive you anything.  As you'll see, I've had to learn how to revert to my former name of Lucia, because 'Lucy' has been suspended by SFX for a month.  Her 'crime'  was to mention the 'N' word - in reference to an extant Agatha Christie novel on this very thread; "Ten Little N's".

I'm rather disappointed with the Screwfix forum moderators.  I had hoped that at least one them might have a sense of humor. I expect now, for my audacity to complain,  to be given another 'ban' my current user name.

As soon as I run out of  useable user names, I'll sadly have to call it a day here. I'll  
    miss you, Tomp  -  and all of you regular posters and friends here. I've enjoyed your company......

Lucia xxx