New Field Gates 2 instead of 1

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by BrendanP..., Jan 6, 2021.

1. BrendanP...

BrendanP... New Member

I have a width of 350cm exactly between the two gate posts, but I am wanting to replace my current field gate as it is rotten and put two field gates in, like a 3ft and a 8ft.

However, this then leaves me with a space of just under 15cm for the hinges and the gap between the two posts for the latch over (read up this should be 25mm).

I have found these types of hinges which are only 30mm out from the post. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Wrou...ords=Field+Gate+Hinges&qid=1609929931&sr=8-34

It then just leaves me 3.25cm space for the actual bolt which will be connected onto the gate that then fits onto the hinge. Will this be enough space as the total space between gate and gate post will therefore be 6.25 but should it be 10cm?

2. chillimonster

chillimonster Screwfix Select

been a while since I last did a field gate but those hinges can go on the face as well as the side
    of the post. It does mean the gate can't open out both ways if hinges fitted on the face but
    may give you the space you need . Google field gates then images and look at some examples.