new forum

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by supersparky, Apr 7, 2004.

1. supersparky

supersparky New Member

a new forum is up and running but not yet fully tweaked,
    http://novoserve.no-ip.biz
    i think ive told some of you that were members before about the new forum, (tis diy aswell, but not to same degree as screwbroke)
    i has a locked section for each trade aswell, so you can talk among fellow tradesmen
    dont worry diyers, there is a big section there on that aswell
    oh and the mods arnt so robotic!
    i hope to see some of the good old faces there....now where the hell is CF?! lol

SS

2. Dewy

Dewy New Member

3. oggie

oggie New Member

Am yer man on ma way
    ^_^

4. supersparky

supersparky New Member

c'mon chippy chappies, a forums not complete without the light hearted banter of the chippy section!
    and on the other point of things, the plumbers have more members!! that cant be! looked down on by plumbers!! what a thaught

ss

5. coggy

coggy New Member

Yes come on chippies there is only a couple of us over there at the mo, the sparkies and plumbers are steaming the forum.

Or maybe it's just that we are too busy doing what we are good at ;) and they have no work :(

Here is the link:
    http://novoserve.no-ip.biz/

Thanks
    Coggy

6. coggy

coggy New Member

Just another reminder about the great new forum just started for trades and DIY.

We need more chippies on there as we are getting out numbered by the sparkies and plumbers (Trade & DIY)

Here is the link:

Enjoy
    Coggy;)

7. coggy

coggy New Member

The forum is really slow tonight but please don't worry. There is going to be changes soon as it's only been up a couple of days.

Don't be put off it will be sorted

Thanks all

Coggy;)

8. plumface

plumface New Member

it obviously didnt work before dewy so what makes you think it will work this time? it will be a boring forum because how can you discuss things?you lot know it all!

9. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Nothing wrong with it plumface.
    It's only been running 3 days. Give it time.
    As for 'knowing it all' any forum gives people the opportunity to discuss things & learn from others.
    The day you stop learning is the day they put you in your box.

10. plumface

plumface New Member

so why the locked in feature or locked out feature for diyers? why should pros need to ask such flippant questions?it seems you all know it all!(untill you come to a question like earth bonding on capping and then 70 people answer it,albeit different answers!)whos right the sparky or a non sparky? can you tell who is who for your new forum?whos a sparky and who isnt? perhaps you could enlighten us with your qualifications!but the way your post was worded before ie about diyers left a lot to be desired!the best teacher is experience,but you say any forum gives poeople the oppurtunity to discuss doesnt wash!(ie flexi pipe to a fixed hob)the instigator of the above mentioned question 2 weeks later goes on to say it doesnt matter about the fitting as long as the pipe is a certain bs!it appears that anyone who disagrees with anyone is wrong,theres no right and everyone else knows better than the rest!can anyone tell in the new forum tell whos right and whos wrong?

11. cadmaster

cadmaster New Member

Hi, SS, Dewy, Ooggie, Coggy, Big A and Anybody else I have missed out.

One question, how do I register onto the Trades section of the Forum?

I have signed up but it was on DIY, Could not figure how to get onto the Trade.

Remember the old saying you can please some of the people some the time.
    But not all the people all the time!

Good Luck with your new endeavour.

Cheers

CADmaster

12. woodsmith

woodsmith New Member

This forum (S/Fix)is a mine of information and is excellent for both trade to exchange informationand DIY to ask often challenging questions, which the experts generally rise to. Given that they do this freely is a testament to their generosity.

However this site is now very dated, for instance there is no opportunity to send private messages, which means that to contact someone you have to put youe email address on public view. The new site when it is up to speed will give the opportunity to post pictures which will be invaluable at times when trying to describe a particular problem.

As with anything there is normally more than one acceptable way of doing something but any poor advice is quickly challenged.

As for the multitude of posts on bonding capping, here the regs are to blame, they are IMHO not clear and this has generated a healthy debate over regulation / safety.

The new site will develop, give it time and it will become a valuable resource for both trade and DIY. If there is some aspect you do not like then put a post on there and tell the administrators, they will I'm sure try and do something about it. That should be different than here where complaints about the site have gone unanswered.

Cadmaster, there is a general thread om the site "Trade or DIY" if you post on there that you are trade you will get your status updated.

I have along with Dewy and coggy have agreed to moderate the chippies forums, so I hope that you will visit and be polite or we will get our big stick out:)

Keith

13. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Basically cadmaster you send a private message to one of the forum admin asking to be put in the trade forum. This allows you to post in any of the trade forums so the normal discussions about closed shops will continue. lol

14. coggy

coggy New Member

15. supersparky

supersparky New Member

plumface...or what eva you name is- you not allowed in the trade section- so how do you know what goes on in there? i can tell yo most of the discussion is about good sources of materials and up and coming regs, which we as trade must know about. so why do i get the feeling taht you are jellious?
    also as for not working you can stick the fack taht we are running on half speed and STILL we have 96 members after 6 days- sory but i dont think you can say much to that.
    as for unfair treatment of diy, because there is more to offer to trade than there is diy, it is not true, we do not discus diyers or anything of that nature. we arnt trying to run in compitition with screwfix, we arnt trying to remove members from screwfix- you will notice most members are members of both- even i still come on here! infact we offer something completely different from what screwfix do.
    the moderators have been kind enough to leave the links to the site on this site- even if we did intent to compete with their site, we dont have the reasources and we do not sell products.
    tis a shame that you think we would like your input on anything to do with it.

16. coggy

coggy New Member

The forum membership on this new site is currently 99, who will be the 100th memeber ????

Sorry there is no prize but it looks good;)

Click here for the 100th member position

17. kesh

kesh New Member

1-002-3-444y2

18. coggy

coggy New Member

Kesh wrote:

1-002-3-444y2

What ????????

19. Dewy

Dewy New Member

Well. It's not his inside leg measurement.

20. coggy

coggy New Member

Dewy

Do u know what that means ????

;)