new guy

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by dinkydo, Nov 15, 2018.

1. dinkydo

dinkydo Screwfix Select

hello all, just saying hello and looking forward to joining in, apart from the tech side anything contentious I should avoid on just talk ? don't wont to upset anyone too soon

DIY womble likes this.
  2. Broon

Broon Active Member

I wouldn't avoid any if you have an opinion you might as well give it. Its what the forum is here for.

3. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Welcome to the forum

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Avoid the ‘B’ word :eek:

I don’t even wanna type the whole thing ......... it’s just far to inflammatory ;)

Certain members will not accept that you and everyone else is entitled to their own opinion - however it may differ to theirs

Anyway........ I’m gonna leave it there me thinks

But as a little clue (in case you need one), no offence to you matey, there’s a hell of a lot of words that begin with the letter ‘B’

Mrs May is having a tough old day today :mad:

Welcome aboard, enjoy your time here

retiredsparks likes this.
  5. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Hi Dink.

Just don't say anything palpably racist and you'll be just fine.

6. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Dink
    Just remember that there is a lovely warm IGNORE button available to you , when you get fed up hearing the same almost mindless drivel spouted by several "daywalkers" here.
    They will soon identify themselves if you are a reasonable person who deals in facts.... and loves the BRITISH culture and way of life.... and hates left wing liberal snowflakes.
    I have about 9 on my list...and one in the offing.
    Enjoy.:)
    RS

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG]

Welcome.

Allsorts likes this.
  8. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

'Click' - Dink has just placed RS on ignore.

9. DavidDavidson

DavidDavidson Member

I'm fairly new here too and I have to say it's a great community with decent people who don't act in an elitist way because they know more than you and are more than happy to help out. You're more than welcome here, it doesn't matter to me.if you're new; I judge posters by the quality of their posts, not the quantity.

As people have said just avoid a word beginning with B, it has an R in it and ends with xit. This topic has been done to death and due to how polarized it is (and how it's divided a country in 2 in terms of opinion) any post about it will likely end in a glance at.

Other than that you can post all you want, just exercise common sense if it's a touchy subject and you'll be fine.

A very warm welcome to you by the way.

KIAB and Allsorts like this.
  10. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Come on, DD - B***** leads to some great posts - cracking fun. :D

At times like this, you gotta laugh. Or else you end up under a fascist autocratic despotic dictatorship. :eek:

Oops - I've just peed all over this thread :oops:

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Thought we’d been in that for the past 40 odd years.

DavidDavidson likes this.
  12. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

Yes, you probably did.

13. Allsorts

Allsorts Super Member

So, JJ, what does our fav honest plumber think? (You will know, as you've asked him recently).

Blimey - exactly the same as me; He knows why most Leave folk voted as they did, and he also thinks that the UK's population should never have been entrusted with such a complex and serious issue in the first place.

14. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Welcome to the forum dingy do. We're not a bad lot on the whole!

15. HarDeBloodyHarHar

HarDeBloodyHarHar Active Member

Subtly not mentioning 'E' at all.

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Is that an 'appeal to authority', that isn't an authority?
    What might one call that? Hmmm.

An a, a, a, nothing, an irrelevance, a stupidity, a desperation?
    Squirmy?
    Disingenuous?

You have read some of the posts that your 'authority', the squeaky clean PC conformist honest 'friend' has wrote I take it?
    The juicy bits.
    Or are you 'cherry picking'?

17. DavidDavidson

DavidDavidson Member

Well this thread sure turned into a Punch and Judy show quickly.:rolleyes:

We may be living in a union (currently) within a union divided against itself, though no need to let that spill over onto the forums.

I mean the "B" topic has been done to death.
    Maybe there should be a debates forum.as well as a just talk forum? Possibly a forum that somehow obscures the names of those debating?
    Reason being is that if grudges are formed people may simply disagree with others in other forums simply because they don't like one another where the OP actually needs help with something.
    I know I've only been posting regularly here for a month or so, but I've used forums and message boards since about 2005 and I've seen good help go to waste because person A disagreed with person B about subject X.
    As I've said though I've only been here regularly for a month or so and the posters on this forum are extremely helpful in my threads. So I may be entirely wrong when I say this as the people here are a very mature community, not "mature" in that they have a stick up their rear ends; they definitely know how to have a good laugh too and as previously mentioned, they aren't elitist people who try to 1up others.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I didn't know you were into E's HA, that brings another dimension into your posts.

19. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

New Guy are you the fella who won Britain's got Talent.

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The army used that as a convenient excuse to cast off vast swathes of pacifist dead wood back in the late turn of the century.

They're trying to re-recruit them now though. ;)