New jigsaw+skirting boards?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tomba26, Feb 27, 2008.

1. xtegmartin

xtegmartin New Member

Hi
    1st post but been reading for a while
    just thought i would add as to why i use coping over jig saw and thats mainly because 90% of the skirting i scribe is MDF and i just find the coping saw keeps the dust down a bit. just my 2 cents worth

Martin

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Hi
    1st post but been reading for a while
    just thought i would add as to why i use coping over
    jig saw and thats mainly because 90% of the skirting
    i scribe is MDF and i just find the coping saw keeps
    the dust down a bit. just my 2 cents worth

Martin

A very valid point.

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select

one thing I like about my DC330 Dewalt 18V is that the variable speed on the trigger goes down to very very slow, like a hand-saw almost.

Anyway I am a DIYer but FWIW I've been astounded by the above jiggie, then again I only ever had a £15 B&D job before that.

Cheers!

4. Cutting Melamine

Cutting Melamine New Member

Here's a simple answer. To cut with a jigsaw you can use my new blade being launched in the UK over the summer. It cuts all wood and laminated materials totally clean and chip free on both sides with a very accurate 90 degree face. No post cut sanding required. The scroll version cuts clean and vertical down to a tight 25mm radius.

The jigsaw is just about to become the most useful professional tool in your toolbox. Time to retire the router!

If any one would like to test the blade pre launch as part of the national and local press launch publicity, please get in touch.

5. evo nut

evo nut New Member

Hi C.M

id like to try a pack out as I use loadeds of jigsaw blades during the day

they sound good

many thanks dan

6. Cutting Melamine

Cutting Melamine New Member

Hi Dan
    email me at spon1080@orange.fr and I'll contact you when we're ready to launch.

Thanks for your interest
    Max
    Inventor