New kitchen fit laminate floor before or after?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Diablo, Jan 22, 2010.

1. wuddy

wuddy Member

yes thats what i meant, it could be left loose but is going to get knocked and kicked, that is why i was thinking of the metal dowels to the floor through an oversize hole in the laminate to allow for movement

2. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

2 L brackets to the wall 2 into the worktop and a bead of silicone under the end panel line it up let it set it aint goin anywhere!

3. wuddy

wuddy Member

but what about the dip?

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What * dip? Are you worried that your underlay is inappropriate, then don't use it. All your questions seem to be "I'm trying to bodge this, what's the best way?" :(

[Edited by: admin]

5. wuddy

wuddy Member

no im trying to find the best way to do a job ive never done before i.e fitting an end panel onto of laminate flooring.

the flooring will have 10mm underlayment so in my mind i can see that the end panel will create a dip, if you have experience of doing this then please advise if not * off being a smart*

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

the flooring will have 10mm underlayment
    Explain!

7. wuddy

wuddy Member

its a 10mm fibre mat, i dont know the make all i know is they are green mats about 600mm square

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

So why don't you think they will take the expected load and why are you not bringing up your worries with the specifier?

9. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

you wont have a dip in the laminate if you cut the end panel to the right size! and if you support the worktop to the wall where the W/M will be. ;)

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Just fit the * properly, if you don't know how, * off :(

11. wuddy

wuddy Member

because they have a small amount of give in them and i would imagine concentrating the weight of the worktop ont an 18mm wide end panel will cause it to dip the floor slightly

as i said i was thinking of a way to finish the floor to the end panel or send a metal dowel through the laminate to take the load off the floor but you suggested sticking it on top ;)

12. wuddy

wuddy Member

Just fit the * properly, if you don't know how,
    * off :(

i'll take that as you dont know then :-d

13. wuddy

wuddy Member

you wont have a dip in the laminate if you cut the
    end panel to the right size! and if you support the
    worktop to the wall where the W/M will be. ;)

sounds good, do you not think it might pull down a bit at the front if someone sat on the worktop?

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Who gives a *. Recommend they don't sit on the worktop and stop changing your name, kevsid, it makes you look like a troll.

15. wuddy

wuddy Member

ha! im going to fit a new front door and recommend they dont open it or it may fall off

i give a * as i like to do my job right so i was hoping for some help from someone who has experience of this situation

as for looking like a troll so what who gives a *! i just recommend people dont listen to me

16. KTF

KTF New Member

U could have tiled it in less time than this forums taken.

17. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

wuddy

Re: New kitchen fit laminate floor before or after?
    Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:46 PM Reply

you wont have a dip in the laminate if you cut the
    end panel to the right size! and if you support the
    worktop to the wall where the W/M will be.

sounds good, do you not think it might pull down a bit at the front if someone sat on the worktop?

Now your taking the **** you cannot plan for every eventuallity and undeer NORMAL working conditions the way ive explained it will be fine !!!!!

18. wuddy

wuddy Member

lol
    she didnt want tiles as they are too cold and hard

19. KTF

KTF New Member

AND LONG LASTING

20. wuddy

wuddy Member

you cannot plan for every
    eventuallity

i try to ;)