New Kitchen sink

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by crustyturner, May 30, 2019.

1. crustyturner

crustyturner New Member

Hi Guys
    Looking for some knowledge please. Will soon be having a replacement fitted. Every thing apart from the sink I have sorted, looking for a stainless steel single bowl around 1000 long. I appreciate there are lots out there and pay more for better quality.
    Are there any that shine above the rest that you guys have fitted.
    Thanks

2. xednim

xednim Screwfix Select

ss is ss, all of them are very similar, only thing that differ them is material thickness, cheap ones are flimsy, more expensive sturdy with more of acoustic on them

3. xednim

xednim Screwfix Select

more of acoustic absorber

4. crustyturner

crustyturner New Member

Ok thanks for that.
    Looking at the FRANKE ASCONA INSET SINK STAINLESS STEEL 1.5 BOWL 1000 X 510MM now.
    Good reviews and wicks have it on offer.

5. crustyturner

crustyturner New Member

Just got the above sink 140 quid Bargain really nice sink. No cutting template but on underside it shows you to just turn over mark round ebge and cut 10mm smaller all round.

6. LEH

LEH Active Member

I think Blanco are supposed to be very good, but over here they command quite a premium. They can be ordered direct from Germany though and even with shipping can end up cheaper than buying in the UK...

7. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

I have the Ascona 1.5 sink, had it in the previous house too... decent sink at a good price. Our hosts are doing it for £130...

8. crustyturner

crustyturner New Member

That's the single. The 1.5 is £179 reason I went to Wicks.

Hans_25 likes this.