New patio - where to put ACO drain?

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by harry42, Apr 26, 2020.

1. harry42

harry42 New Member

I am installing a new patio and intend to use an ACO channel to drain it - either into an existing gully or into a soakaway.

I intend to have the patio fall in two directions - away from the house and also towards a soakaway - please see attached pic.

My question is about where to put the drainage channel. The patio will be below DPC and my original intention was to put the drainage channel ie. next to the building and drain into a gully. But now I'm thinking that it will be better served on the garden side which is where any water will be running towards with the fall - and have it run into a soakaway.

Any advice on which side to put it is appreciated. I'm aware that it would be best practise to put it next to the building if the patio were flat, but since there will be a fall away from the house I'm thinking that water is unlikely to sit there and cause a problem with damp.

Attached Files:

2. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

At the garden wall, discharging to the soak away would be my method

3. harry42

harry42 New Member

Thanks brickie.