New PVC to cast iron downpipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Ubend, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Ubend

Ubend New Member

Trying to fix leaks at my Club and have to cut into 85mm? cast iron pipe from gutters to rod it. Pipe is between old building and extension and only place I can access is in beer cellar (rotten job but someone's gotta do it). Before I cut I need to get replacement section (PVC?) and couplings but nearest I can see is 110 mm pipe. Old bit of building is 70 years old so assume current pipe is same age. Any suggestions welcome. Sorry, one man job can't justify assistant in cellar.

2. hibeealex

hibeealex Member

Ubend,

the 85mm is probably 3 1/2" so go to draincenter which is part of plumbcenter and get a timesaver coupler with a 4" to 3 1/2" rubber and that should work fine
    hth
    alex

3. Ubend

Ubend New Member

Thanks very much Alex, will try that.

Cheers.
    Doug.

4. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

you can get 82.4 mm pipe in plastic, same as soil but smaller, you can get full range of fittings for it, i got some to alter a internal soil pipe, was already in 82.4 before you ask , i didnt reduce it !

5. Ubend

Ubend New Member

Thanks Guys, got the timesaver couplers and a section of 3.5 inch cast iron pipe with an access panel for future rodding efforts. Did the job a treat.

Thanks again for your help.

Doug.