new shed roof - metal box profile

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by pddy95, Apr 15, 2019.

1. pddy95

pddy95 New Member

Hi all, I see there are lots of posts about condensation issues on existing garage roofs and the best way to fix this however I couldn't see much about what the options are on a new roof.

I currently have a garage (single skin block) with a mono low pitch bitumen roof which needs replacement.

I've been considering replacement with a metal box profile roof as it's much cheaper than rubber, however I'm concerned about condensation forming. I understand there are anti condensation metal sheets available which have a flock liner to avoid this but they seem a lot more expensive and due to the size of the garage 5.7x4.1m I'm being told it's too small a job for merchants to supply me with this (perhaps I've not looked around enough).

The question is, can I just provide a separate flock underlay secured to the existing timbers and then fix the standard metal roofing on top of it? If so, what spec underlay do I provide?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

GRP roofing, will last around 50 years,easy to repair if damage, available in many colours,could have a cold roof,(insulation on inside or warm roof,insulation outside).

https://www.topseal.co.uk

Loads of links on Google.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  3. sospan

sospan Well-Known Member

Previously I have fixed floor insulation to the underside of the sheets using expanding foam. Typically an 8x4 sheet 25mm thick is less than £8 each