New sink problems (waste pipe and chip)

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by brillopad, Jun 21, 2021.

1. brillopad

brillopad New Member

Hi Guys,

I fitted a new sink myself recently and ran into a couple of issues post install if anyone can help please?

1. I chipped a bit round the tap hole drilling it out, I'd like to at least try and repair it but all the repair kits are 30-40 quid which is a bit annoying compared to the cost of the sink. Are there any cheapish solutions baring in mind I know the colour match won't be perfect (its a Franke tectonite sink)? My wife suggested she could get a similar coloured nail polish, I have heard this before but has anyone tried it?

2. I had to steal the small sink waste for the large sink as it was a different size. I've tried 2 different flexible hoses but neither fit, I've cut one and bodged it with PTFE tape, it works for now but I want to do it properly. I also went into a local plumbing shop and the chap gave me two universal connectors and some pipe which is wider than the existing. The total diameter of the existing waste it 40mm, the pipe the chap gave me has 41mm stamped on it. I may be being dense but I can't figure out how to connect it or can anyone suggest what I need to buy/ask for? I've put pictures of the old and new install and the bits I've got.

Thanks

Brillo

Attached Files:

2. brillopad

brillopad New Member

No mate bit too old for the crack pipe, it gives me a headache.

3. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

I’d be inclined to put a new mcalpine 1.5 bowl waste kit on.

brillopad likes this.
  4. brillopad

brillopad New Member

Thank you dcox, I will look into this.