New tough phone

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by leicester builder, May 27, 2012.

1. My wife mentioned she saw a bill board for a new tough phone the other day, but failed to tell me what the name of it might be. Tried google, but can't seem to find it, any ideas?

2. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

JCB seem to have a couple of android phones out now - could be one of them?

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Useless. They reckoned you could drop it, hit it with a hammer, run it through the washer, take a bath with it, run it through a cement mixer, throw it off a roof etc. Great, I thought.

I lost it.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Last company I worked for gave us all a JCB Toughphone. Thje lads tried all ways to break them. Dropping them out of racking onto concrete floors/ throwing them at the walls (couldn't hit it with a hammer though as we were trying to make it look accidental) Only thing that did work was running over one with a fork lift truck, loaded with about 12 x 25mm mdf sheets.

5. Ive have a samsung toughphone for about 4 years, its taken loads of abuse. But sick of being asked if my phone is stuck in a time warp, plus having to ask my wife if I can use her phone everytime I wanna look up the football scores or F1 results. And I can't be doing with swapping sim cards evertime I finish work.