New waste pipe for small sink

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Kylx, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Kylx

Kylx New Member

Hi all hope someone can help, I am a complete novice when it comes to plumbing. I have bought a new waste pipe for my sink as the previous one was leaking. After fitting the new waste I have found out it is wider than the last one and therefore the previous right angle pipe that was used does not fit. Could someone please help with how I connect this waste to the pipe work as seen in the photo attached.
    Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Attached Files:

2. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

Why not return it for the same type that was there before.

3. Kylx

Kylx New Member

Because it was a metal waste and was not fitted correctly in the first place.

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Is it the white trap that you have fitted ?
    Show us a pic of what " right angled" pipe looks like. I don't follow what your problem is I am afraid.

5. Kylx

Kylx New Member

Yes white trap you see in pic is new, I have attached photo for you

Attached Files:

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Thanks . That's a compression elbow ,and a short piece of pipe joins it to the new waste traps outlet ,with relevant seal/ nut etc. Hard to tell from pic but the trap outlet looks to be at a higher level than the elbow ,and if you view from the front of the basin ( so head on) are they misaligned left to right also ?

7. Kylx

Kylx New Member

Okay thanks for the info and yes it is at a higher level than the elbow which is half of my problem as well as the elbow comes out to half, not marrying up with the outlet correctly. I don’t think they are misaligned with a little rotation of the trap it lines up.

8. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

By far the easiest thing to do would be to buy a smaller bottle trap ,preferably an adjustable height one . You can buy trap height adjusters as well.

9. Kylx

Kylx New Member

Okay if that is the easiest solution then I will go with that, thankyou

10. Kylx

Kylx New Member

Okay so I have bought an adjustable height trap but how the heck do I connect it to the pipe? What pipe connection do I need that will connect the trap to the pipe on the right? I’m back to square one.

many thanks,

kyle

Attached Files:

11. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Can't you use the elbow pictured a few days ago ,with a short piece of pipe between it and the trap ?

12. Kylx

Kylx New Member

No because the elbow comes out past the outlet of the trap so impossible to get a short piece of pipe in between

13. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Ah ,I thought it was just a height problem. Will take another look at pics.

14. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Very difficult ,just by looking at the pics ,to know how far apart the vertical pipe is from the trap,but I think a conversion bend may just do it. See Screwfix code 76431.This is for a basin (not a sink ) size 32 mm. I think its a basin you have ,as you find in bathrooms / en suites/ cloakrooms. Sinks are for kitchens.

15. Kylx

Kylx New Member

It’s not far at all, I’ll swing by screwfix this week and get that part and see what happen, will let you know! Thanks again

terrymac likes this.
  16. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

17. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

18. Kylx

Kylx New Member

Worked a treat, thanks a lot for your help!

kyle

terrymac likes this.