New Worcester bosch boiler 30i combi making tapping sound

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mary88, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

I had a new worcester bosch boiler 30i combi fitted and after you use the hot water or put the central heating on it starts making a tapping sound like when you tap a metal pan, its worrying me as the boiler is new, is this normal?

2. Mike83

Mike83 Screwfix Select

Wouldn’t say it’s normal but it doesn’t mean anything is wrong.
    Could be due to expansion.

Mary88 likes this.
  3. Halfaudio

Halfaudio Active Member

4. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

5. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

Thank you for the reply. Both my friends have the same boiler but theirs doesnt make the sound. Thats why im so worried tbh.

6. Halfaudio

Halfaudio Active Member

What do you mean isn't there?

7. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

On the link

8. Halfaudio

Halfaudio Active Member

Can't help you with the sound unfortunately. Contact the boiler fitters and call them back to check the boiler. Say them it is making a terrible noise and that you had to switch it off, but it is cold and you are afraid to switch it back on.
    Maybe some else from here has more knowledge on this.

9. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

Thank you for your help anyway. The installers dont pick up the phone or respond to my messages. They havent even sent the guarantee either

10. Halfaudio

Halfaudio Active Member

Call from a different phone number and use call recorder. Was it a company or just some cheap cowboys? You need help from them and you need to fight for it!

Mary88 likes this.
  11. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

If you have Gmail/YouTube, can you upload a short video of the boiler making the noise?

Otherwise, just upload a sound clip to a sharing site like this:

https://www.sndup.net/

Try to get close to the boiler when it is making the sound.

Mary88 likes this.
  12. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

It was actually a company. The reviews were good thats why i used them. But now i regret it.

13. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

Thank for the reply. I will try this hopefully

14. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

If you get no answer and havnt had the registration and warranty leave a message that you will be contacting Gas Safe as you have concerns about the saftey of the installation. You should get a rapid response from them. If they dont respond then do contact Gas Safe

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk

JayCee2020 likes this.
  15. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

Thank you for your help. will try that. I uploaded the video of it on youtube here is the link,
    do you think that tapping noise is anything to worry about?

16. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

Hi i managed to upload a video of the tapping sound on youtube. Does anyone have any advice as to weather this is normal please??
    Volume needs to be full, its just the metal tapping sound that is worrying not the sound that sounds like a hoover as that is normal when using hot water. Im really worried if someone could help with an answer please?

17. Dave does Gas

One other route you could try is Worcester themselves as you should have a warranty, or at worst case discover that its not yet been reqistered with them.
    The installer should have left you with a pile of books and paperwork. Amongst that should be The Instalation and Service manual. Inside this at the back is the Benchmark Log. This is a whole page the installer should have filled out when commissioning and there are subsequent pages for annual servicing.

If this has not been done it suggests that the boiler has not been commissioned to manufacturers standards, this could be your reason to contact Gas Safe and ask for an inspection as you have no confidence in the installation. This is a free service they provide to keep us installers on our toes. You should before this warn the company of the steps you intend to take and give them a small time period to respond.

You could also use the find an installer feature on the web site and ask a local independant guy to give it a safety check but this would be chargeable but would give you piece of mind.

The boiler does not sound as if there is any safety issues but without being stood in front of it I couldnt commit to that 100%

Mary88 likes this.
  18. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

Thank you so much for taking out the time to reply, i do appreciate it.
    The paper work has been filled in. Ill have to wait few more days to receive guarantee if i havent ill have to phone worcester and do it that way. Thanks again.

19. Dave does Gas

Keep us informed please Mary Id like to know whats causing the noise

Mary88 likes this.
  20. Mary88

Mary88 New Member

I will do hopefully