New Workshop Base

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Wildfowler, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Wildfowler

Wildfowler New Member

Hello

I plan on building a workshop about 20ft x 10ft. Currently at the bottom of my garden I have a sun trap where I have a flat block base. Next to that I have a 8ft x8Ft concreate base which has a shed on it at present but this is the location where the new workshop will be. my garden hold water and currently due to the heavy rain the shed gets a couple of inches of water. So my new sorkshop I plan to build a base about 6 inches off the floor. I plan to use the suntrap base as part of my new base unit. My question is what type of base should I build? I have attached a photo of my current setyp which is a little untidy. As you can see the water collects and stays there for sometime. SO new base unit will be center of back of garden.
    Garden Feb 2020.jpg

2. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

3. Wildfowler

Wildfowler New Member

Thanks for your response. I am thinking of doing a raised concrete base or maybe blocks but that has given me some good idea's

4. masterdiy

masterdiy Screwfix Select

The concrete blocks sound a good idea.
    The other thing to think on... how about a soak away.
    Dig a nice deep hole at fence edge on right, fill with bricks etc then large grave to top.
    For the misses, a large flower pot on top of gravel with an evergreen spiky palm.