New workshop

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by mr moose, Jun 23, 2019.

1. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

2. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

i'dd give it a go as you remove you will then see if there is a stucktural need and act accordingly bit by bit
    Sorry for the late on was looking at the garden very nice flowers well done you

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Under that cladding I expect you will find a truss which supports the roof from sagging.

4. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

So do you know if it is common for sheds of this size to need a truss in the middle?
    Thanks, it's not my garden though, some very kind friends are letting me use the shed for the next 8 months or so. I want to open up the space so I can work easily and also store some lengths of wood, so I think I will beef up any truss that is there and probably put in a couple more to so I can lay the wood across the beams.

5. HappyHacker

HappyHacker Active Member

It looks as if there is a join between two sections there, I would do some more exploration before taking it down.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Yes.

I wouldn't lay timber acroos the beams,would look at a free standing rack at back of workshop for timber storage.

Got spur shelving uprights on wall here,with 470mm & 610mm brackets for timber storage.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    mr moose likes this.
  7. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select