Newly skimmed walls-beading rusting? Showing through emulsion

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Glarhzilla, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Glarhzilla

Glarhzilla Member

Hi all.
    I've recently had my house dot and dabbed. Now I've most coated the rooms with a 50:50 ratio and then used 2 coats as finish coat. Kitchen paint to be accurate. I've noticed the beading around the kitchen window especially can be seen under all these layers of paint. The paint has a very faint hue of orange/brown/rust showing through. It doesn't feel damp to the touch or anything like that. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can remedy this ball ache I'm currently having? Would a stain blocker work? Thanks

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Get spray can of zinsser bin.Warm it and shake well. Fingers crossed. Other way is to pull beads

Glarhzilla likes this.
  3. Glarhzilla

Glarhzilla Member

Spray it straight over the emulsion? Would a paint (with brush) work aswell? Thank you

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Yeah either. Just cheaper in can for small amount. 1 can will coat both sides of a door..just. As an idea of amounts

Glarhzilla likes this.
  5. Glarhzilla

Glarhzilla Member

Thanks mate. Will give it a go.

6. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Get can warm though. Don't spray when cold

Glarhzilla likes this.
  7. Glarhzilla

Glarhzilla Member

Hi mate. Just want to say thank you for your advice given a month or so ago. Ive used zinsser bin to great effect. Thanks again and have a great Christmas!

Wayners and KIAB like this.