NHS

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, May 12, 2017.

1. Happy supporting the tories, but crying over the nhs.

Lack of clear thinking jj.

I support the nhs

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

JoT will now be telling us the government should invest more money in Nissan. ;)

4. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

Time to reinstate Bletchley, and find another Alan Turing.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't know about that, but it's time to get companies to use the latest OS & install the bludy updates that come come out frequently.
    Other month I was in some place, & they had email gremlims, young lass let me have a look, no updates installed in around six years,never been defragged, no anti virus scanning in years, solved problem by clearing recycle & email bin folders.:eek:

6. This thread is about the nhs by the way, remember? :eek:

But, how on earth do your thought processes work?

Ive worked it out, actually. When you expose your double standards you try and sidestep

I support the nhs. Do you ? A direct question

7. Bought myself a red balloon, got a blue surprise.

(By the most sublime singer-songwriter this world hardly knows.)

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Forgive them, father.
    They know not what they do.

KIAB likes this.
  9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

So you gave her the seeds of your wisdom.

KIAB, you ought to be ashamed of yourself i bet you're old enough to be her grandfather. :oops::D

KIAB likes this.
  10. joinerjohn1

How do my thought processes work? You brought Brexit into this thread in the first instance,(but I'll forgive you. You do tend to bring Brexit into many innocuous posts these days, so I do worry about you) So I thought (from further posts) that you want the government to spend money on NHS computer systems. (or at least blame the government for the result of this "worldwide" cyber attack). It's not a big leap to think of you begging the government to invest money in Nissan so they too can update their computer systems.

PS as far as supporting the NHS is concerned. I do support them and firmly believe the NHS should not be used as a political pawn. (as you seem to think )

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Think 'defragged' was the wrong choice of word used:oops:, dirty minds the lot of you!:p

longboat likes this.

12. You support the right wingers that dont want a nhs.

Who is making it a political pawn? Ask Farage, Johnson etc. I am happy paying a bit extra as per the lib dems idea to pay for it. It is one of my highest priorities. I woukd be happy to see some big business pay some extra tax towards it too. But lets think what the government wants for big business?

Time for some clear thinking jj, or just follow your shepherds.

As for government spending money or not on nhs computers. Like it or not, if you want joined up health systems the computer is needed. Do I need to go on ?

13. joinerjohn1

Well, for starters, you are , right here on this thread Jack. Anyway, it's not the government spending money on NHS computers,, that's up to individual trusts (who have to choose what to spend their budget on) If they choose to spend money on operations and healthcare and not on cyber security, that's up to them. What would you rather the money gets spent on? (free wifi??)

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Where did you pull that little piece of fantasy from?
    Can't have been the headlines, cos as we all know and are reminded constantly...
    You, don't read the headlines, do ya?

15. You dont listen to, or read about your idols then?

Lots of info available.

Here ia quick link, from a Tory too.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/05/john-major-nhs-risk-brexit-pythons-johnson-and-gove

I doubt you will read it, so I will highlight a section for you.

However, he went on to claim Gove had wanted to privatise the NHS, Johnson wished to charge people for health services and Duncan Smith advocated moving to a social insurance system.

“The NHS is about as safe with them as a pet hamster would be with a hungry python,” Major said on BBC1’s The Andrew Marr Show.

16. It is all about funding isnt it?

Needs more, or less, doesnt it.

So I guess you would prefer our nhs to use pen and paper systems then?

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It's all doom and gloom with you isn't it?
    I asked how you came to the conclusion that the Tories want to privatise the, NHS, and you produce a pro-remain piece of propaganda designed to frighten the living daylights out of people before the day of the vote.
    Thanks for showing us all yet another 'end of days' prediction that failed to materialise. Tens of millions fell for it tho, so don't beat yourself up about it too much, you weren't alone.
    The remainers are proving to be a dab hand at getting things wrong.
    Carry on with your proselytising if you must, but I for one won't be swayed by your all too transparent displays of desperation.

18. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I think it was exactly the right word, now De-frocked would have opened a few eyes. :D:D:oops::oops::oops::oops:

19. So it is a flat denial of what has been said and intended?

Or its fake news?

Or you just don't know ?

Do try and answer the question though

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I don't know, I didn't read it, remember.

What question?