Nick Schon

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Aug 30, 2017.

1. I will ask you again then.

Did you weigh up the advantages versus the disadvantages before voting? I suspect you will say yes, so, did you find any advantages? You dont have to say what they are/were. If you found no advantages to membership then I don't need to go any further.

2. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I'll take that as a 'don't know'.

3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

No, I definitely remember you saying you voted leave, but then changed your mind afterwards. I'm not going to bother finding the post where you stated this, and neither is anyone else, so the conclusion is I am telling the truth for no other reason than because I say so.
    That should be point made?

Other than that, I don't believe (this is my opinion) you had even an inkling about how the, EU works, before the vote and still don't after it.
    You went with the side that offered the least resistance, it was easy, you didn't think about it or had any real conviction whatsoever.

4. Absoloute rubbish from somebody who clearly stated there were no benefits to the EU.

I was and am remain. You will not find any post anywhere that says different. No matter how hard you look.

The fact you couldnt see any benefits to membership exposes your lack of thought prior to the vote.

5. Simply then, you are in the misled, not the informed camp, like the others here.

Informed can cover both sides of the argument. It doesnt automatically make you remain or brexit.

The difference is the weighing up of the sides.

6. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

You've not managed to cover one side of the argument yet Jack.

7. I dont actually need to. Its too late to make a difference anyway.

The real point is, were both sides correctly examined by the voters in the referendum. And we all know that answer dont we. Many of those that voted us out didnt understand what it was about.

So back to the point of the thread. That referendum are not the right way for our future to be decided.

Your side has made it abundantly clear

8. JoT, voted 'Leave'?! That's a new one to me.

As for the reasons pro and agin', this was covered in plenty detail in the pre-vote threads. As the u-s well know.

What a further sham to pretend it isn't so. What a devious body-swerve. As transparent as a transparent thing. Utterly hollow.

At that time of discussion - and for a short while afterwards - Longs was one of the more reasoned 'Leavers'. But no more. He's now leap-frogged the others.

What happened Longs? Couldn't keep up the 'reasonable' face of Leave any longer? Couldn't let have Phil, Filly, Harry et al have all their bigoted fun whilst you were Mr Sensible?

Or is it that the anguished, shambling wreck of the 'negotiations' have caused so much frustration that it's exposed what actually drove you all along - an innate, blind Jingoism & Nationalism?

It is completely clear what the u-s want - not only a fantasy version of GREAT Britain (peddled by the most right-wing factions in politics and the media - oh, the irony), but also the very destruction of the EU. Gerry to be given a bludy nose. France to be put back in its place.

It's WHA'S LIKE US!

You cannot put a cigarette paper between Longs, Filly, Phil, JJ Harry and the rest of the bunch.

9. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

No, the point of the thread was that an Austrian children's book illustrator likes to call people bigots, and DA thinks people should be denied a vote. Yourself and DA are constantly asking us (the usual suspects) what 'leave' means, and we've answered that. You, having been asked what 'remain' means, have so far managed to come up with 'I don't understand the question'.

10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What are the benefits? You say you pondered over the pros and cons, so what swayed you to vote remain?
    I say you did, so therefore it's true.

11. Just shows your depth of thoughts then doesnt it.

12. I have to point out, again, that nobody knows what brexit is. So I dont think you have actually answered what brexit means.

Just what you thought you were voting for.

13. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I don't recall anyone saying either of those things, although, historically, it wouldn't be the first time would it?

14. Lol, Filly.

The hatred felt by the u-s on here towards the EU and Germany in particular is utterly clear!

Born of jealousy, of course. How DARE them Krauts 'tell' us Brits...

15. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

LOL.

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You still don't know why, do you? You've been asked several times and still keep skirting the question.

You don't even understand the little sideline point I was making, even after me being completely frank about it.
    picard-facepalm.jpg

fillyboy likes this.
  17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Oh, how nice of you to chip in, now the dust has settled after your previous crash landing.:rolleyes:

fillyboy likes this.
  18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

19. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I think the disadvantages of being in the EU are becoming clearer every time Michael Barnier opens his mouth. All he keeps on harping about is the "Brexit bill" (still won't tell us how much they expect to try and extort out of us though) Probably enough to cover his expenses for the next 20 years I reckon. When you take a long hard look at the EU, it looks like it was set up to benefit only a few original members (and we all know the one country that does the best out of the EU economics wise, even if it is a nett contributor) . Specially the one country that benefits from the Euro as a currency. When the Euro fails, watch out the fourth Reich will rise.

20. Let me remind you again

You could not and cannot see any benefits of membership. That equals lack of clear thinking.

So why would I be interested in any of your thoughts and comments?

Filly hasnt actually committed to saying there are no benefits, but he desperately wants to say that I think, but knows the counter argument if he does. The same as his being prepared for the country to spend more than it earns for years to come. A weak argument.