No central heating

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Stevie876, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Stevie876

Stevie876 New Member

Hi,

I can't seem to get the central heating to switch on. The hot water works fine and I recently bled the radiators which made the pressure drop to 0.6 bars. I've re-pressurised the boiler to read 1.0 bars but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It's a glow worm betacom 24 boiler.

Any suggestions would be great.

Stevie

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Do you have a built in timer ,or external programmer . Do you have a wall thermostat ?
    Are all of the above calling for heat ?
    Does boiler fire up for central heating ,but extinguish quickly , or not firing up at all ?

3. Stevie876

Stevie876 New Member

Thank you for your reply, it has a built in timer and I've switched it onto the continuous setting to check the heating and I can't hear it firing up at all but it seems to have no issue firing up for the hot water. The wall thermostat is definitely working as it had ran out of battery but replaced it with new ones.

Stevie

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Has the heating worked since you changed batteries ? What stat is it ?

5. Stevie876

Stevie876 New Member

It's not worked since I changed the battery and shows a temperature of 16°C with a bit of fluctuation.

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Looks like a problem with the stat. Try raising the temperature. Or it's not communicating with receiver.

7. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

After changing the batteries, is there a reset button to press?
    Batteries fitted AOK ?

8. Stevie876

Stevie876 New Member

I've raised the thermostat to 24°C and left it and the temperature stayed the same.

I'm assuming the batteries are fine because the digital screen is on

Thanks for the help, might just need to call someone to come take a look

9. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Check the reciever ,it may need re set. Failing that call in a pro.