No cold water going to boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mark1980, Jun 29, 2021.

1. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

U getting any air out of the radiator vents?

2. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

I can’t tell from the photo but are both the black levers on the flow and return valves in the vertical position

3. Mark1980

Mark1980 New Member

Yes, all the air is out and after that I closed the vent again. But do I need to wait till water is coming out of the radiator vent before I close it or just close it when the noise stops?

4. Mark1980

Mark1980 New Member

Yes

5. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

when the air stops u need to shut the vent and go back to the filling loop and put more water in, and repeat as necessary until water is coming out

6. Mark1980

Mark1980 New Member

Water is coming out now. Also checked on the hot water tap in the kitchen and it's coming out. But the pressure won't rise at all.
    At the boiler, the noise of the water going to the boiler Stopps after a while.

7. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

If all your radiators are full now (are they?) and the pressure won’t rise at all then it’s possible you have a fault on the boiler, perhaps the pressure transducer(sensor) isn’t working correctly.

8. Mark1980

Mark1980 New Member

Yes, they are all full now. No pressure at all.
    I guess I'm gonna have to call out a gas engineer to look at the boiler.
    Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it :) glad there are still some nice people like you around

pppmacca43 likes this.
  9. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

No worries, hopefully it’s something simple and someone else on here can suggest something I haven’t thought of

10. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

Just to double-check, when you say your rads are full you mean all of them have water squirting out of the air vents when they’re opened?

The sound of water passing through the filling loop tends to get quieter and quieter as the pressure in the system rises. Do you have a pressure gauge or a digital display?

pppmacca43 likes this.
  11. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

I didn’t see a response to macca’s question about the black boiler flow and return valves being closed. If they’re still closed, pressure that you’ve built up in your system won’t have got to the part inside the boiler that’s connected to the gauge.

pppmacca43 likes this.