No Heating Because of BDR91

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Newtothisgame, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Newtothisgame

Newtothisgame New Member

Hi there,

new to the forum and need some help.

I have a Worcester Combi boiler 42cdi, with underfloor heating set up.

We currently have hot water but no heating. The British Gas man has been round and said it is to do with the BDR91 relay which is tripping out when it tries to trigger the underfloor heating. But nothing has changed with the wiring (it was all working fine recently).

is there a way to test this prior to shelling out money for another underfloor inspection of some kind?

is there a standard wiring set up for a BDR91 which would connect hot water and heating?

I've read that "binding" can create errors in the system, will resetting all binding resolve this issue that you know of?

any help or advice you could provide would be gratefully received.

if photos of the system are needed i can provide those too.

ta

2. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

From what the BG man has said - it sounds like something has caused the relay box (BDR91) to trip out. So you may need an electrician to check out all the wiring?
    It is not hard to do if you are handy with a meter. It could be the UFH pump has a fault and is shorting out on start up but I'm only guessing. Check that the pump is free to rotate and has not seized.

If the BDR has gone faulty they are about £80 so it is your call. Are you in touch with the Company that installed it, if not, there should be some paperwork somewhere to say who it was. They will know your system and should be able to identify the problem for you.

Not sure how much success you'll have trying to get someone on 23/12 though.
    Good luck, don't think it is going to be cold over Xmas fortunately.

3. Newtothisgame

Newtothisgame New Member

Ufh pump is clear and turning fine. doesn't seem to move when boiler tries to start

trying to rustle up paperwork, but to no avail. thanks for the help though

4. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    As said, could be pump on uf heating, or a relay fault,

Don't know what binding is?

I know that a relay is needed to wire up under floor and radiators

Need to have separate sw live to boiler, hence the relay

Regards
    Peter