No stock

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by Ghost, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Seems I'm not alone. The availibility of stock in the trade counter is rubbish. Just amounts to a waste of time & petrol. * Still, not as if anyone at SF is bothered, not with the cost of packaging & handling.
    I received a box big enough to put a filing cabinet in.
    All I ordered were five drill bits!

[Edited by: admin]

2. Ion Transient

Ion Transient New Member

> Guess that makes me a racist as well as
    unsatisfied?

yes it does

> I received a box big enough to put a filing cabinet
    in.
    All I ordered were five drill bits!

SF use an automated packageing system..I agree it's not very acceptable

3. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Which Trade Depot?

4. reedy007

reedy007 New Member

why did you have a delivery charge i have goods under £45 delivered to my local counter next day for free ! they are bound to have shortages they are very busy but its not a problem if you plan ahead.

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

sometimes they are out of stock for days on end.... no good.

6. Maybach

Maybach New Member

I have also had wasted trips to Kingston and Reading for some push fit connectors. The sales line won't (can't) give out trade counter phone numbers for you to check stock levels before travelling. On-line stock levels would be nice, at least make phone numbers available.

7. Pythag

Pythag New Member

I'm with you 100% on this one - why on earth they can't make the phone numbers available is beyond me.

Why should I take a chance on a 10 mile out-of-my-way trip incase Screwfix happen to have something in stock, for the sake of saving 5% compared to a nearby DIY store? If I knew they had the stock it would be worth it, but it's not worth a maybe.

8. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

I have a new SF TC near my merchants business. I do not seem to have lost any customers and the ones that have been in are unimpressed.

I suspect these Trade Counters are currently taking business from the DIY sheds.

I am also sure if Screwfix put some effort into sorting out their Trade Counters they could be a really competitive business in trade goods.

But while they employ under trained, badly paid staff, carry limited ranges at higher prices than online and are often out of stock they will win few friends.

9. ave at!

ave at! New Member

listen captain leaky... if you were to go to the store and actually ordered it then you would have it the following day or if you had a brain you could plan what you want to have and have it the following day but obviously you do not have a brain and your a sad * for posting so many messages. Get a life . Ave At!!

[Edited by: admin6]

10. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

"Get a life "

Cheers, I have and it's a very happy, profitable and fulfilled one thank you.

Now go back and order some stock so that next time I come in you can actually sell me something. :^O

11. evo nut

evo nut New Member

ha

I went to Scrwfix to stock up Trade case with screws.

Wanted 5 boxes only 1 in stock JOKE!

Screwfix, what Screws ????

Sorry, computer says no....

Its T -- O -- O -- L -- S -- T -- A -- T -- I -- O -- N from now on.

evo nut

12. flyingscotsman

flyingscotsman New Member

Sorry ion i must have missed something, can you tell me what makes ghost a racist because he cannot understand an unintelligable screwfix employee?

13. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

unintelligable = unintelligible ;)

Just making sure you are understood

14. asdfgh asdfghj

asdfgh asdfghj New Member

15. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Then why are there NO cards in my local sftc and they refuse to give out their number?

Maddening is it not?

16. I noticed you mention toolstation. Please dont go to toolstation, they have substandard stock which is supplied by silverline (who are currently having stock issues of their own) I should know, I work for them

17. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

18. evo nut

evo nut New Member

disgruntled employee

screwfix are always advertising for staff

i think toolstation are ok for branded mastics and screws etc... are alright.

don't buy handtools from them as as you say they are silverline and are cack.

evo nut

19. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

"screwfix are always advertising for staff"

Says it all really :^O

20. Sir Dick Puller

Sir Dick Puller New Member