Noggin Query

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by James1984, Jun 18, 2020.

1. James1984

James1984 New Member

Evening,

I’m looking for some advice with regards to noggins/dwangs in a stud wall.

We are looking to put a tv up on the wall however there is a noggin that sits around 600mm from the floor that is in the way. If this was removed, would it cause any issues with the structural integrity of the wall? I know I could drill though the centre and feed the cable through.

The wall itself is around 4M long, standard height with the distance between the uprights being 600mm.

There is also another noggin sitting around 600mm from the ceiling so each upright has 2 noggins. The walls are plasterboard and the house is around 20 years old.

Our previous property was a new build and I didn’t have any issues when installing the tv on the wall there so it may be that building regs have changed and 2 aren’t needed or they aren’t needed on every upright.

any assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Knock them out if they're in the way, in the context you've described they're doing nothing, replace one in roughly the centre between studs, usually 1200 off the floor is adequate.

James1984 likes this.