Non payment

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Dream_Home, Nov 13, 2020.

1. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

I did several kitchens for little old ladies and having planned them and having agreed the price at their home I drove them to H*wdens where they had a cup of coffee whilst looking at the cabinets, doors, work tops, sink and appliances, then having made sure they had actually seen and touched most of what they were getting, got them to make a card payment to my Ho*wdens account using the showroom card reader.

Doing that takes you out of Doorstep Selling requirements as well as making sure the kitchen is paid for by the customer before delivery with quite a bit of the installation charge being paid onto the merchant account as well as a credit.

I found the customers were far happier paying the money to the merchant in advance than me actually standing in their home on the morning of the delivery saying I wanted the money immediately.

Mancone likes this.
  2. Mancone

Mancone Member

No I meant why go to a solicitor, to pay them, when you can get advise for free. It’s a straight forward process to follow.....

3. JOMEL

JOMEL Screwfix Select

Hi,
    Its some years ago now.
    But my Brother in Law is a bricky.
    He built a Double sized garage for a "well to do"
    Who then refused to pay.
    Brother in law was not the type that you fell out with.
    No payment so...So he knocked the garage down.
    He just told the guy he was tempted to leave the car inside it lol.
    No cash for Bro but he said others may get the message.

Odd he never had payment problems again.

It takes all kinds,

Johnny M

Mancone likes this.
  4. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

sorry I misinterpreted your comment. Yes I totally agree the small claims track is design for a non legal person to use!!