Norwegian painting project.......

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by ian anderson, Jul 31, 2010.

1. ian anderson

ian anderson New Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know a website that can help me mix up some pale shades of emulsion using the big tubs of 'contractors' white ?

Just that we want to paint the entire house say a pale off white colour and the paint here is extortionate!

I was thinking of using the (nearly reasonable!) big 10ltr standard white and adding a little colour to get my shades etc.

I suppose that I could always trial and error it but I just wondered if there was a useful website out there that could save me some messin about!

Thanks in advance to anyone that makes the time to help!
    Cheers

2. potty painter

potty painter New Member

Ian.

Been looking on Google and come up with this one universal Tinters. Just Google that up mate.

Hope this helps

Potty.

3. ian anderson

ian anderson New Member

Thanks Potty!

As you know search is all about the 'keywords' and I just wasn't getting it. Never thought of 'tint'.

It looks just the job, esp as you can use the tint for both emulsion and gloss. That had worried me as I couldn't be sure of tinting the emulsion and then finding a gloss to match.

Using the kit and the same percentages, hopefully I should end up with the same shade.

Its just the 'fashion' here and as I hate cutting in, I am game to go along with it ;)

Been looking today and a 10L of white emulsion is equiv to £35.....With coloured being more.

£3 for a tint looks very sensible!

Ta mate.