Not so 'flexible tap connectors' with new taps

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Joe the Plumber, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Active Member

Has anyone else noticed that the flexible tap connectors supplied with taps from both B&Q and our sponsors are no longer quite as flexible as they used to be?

For several months, I've had fun and games with them if I've tried to do anything other than fit them on a smooth curve or straight. They seem to go so far, and then kink, whereas they used to allow some quite innovative (ahem...) curvature when necessary.

I appreciate that this shouldn't be a problem with sensible installation, but sometimes it turns a straightforward tap swap into something involving a lot more pipework than the customer expects.

Is it just me, or have others had the same difficulties with them?

2. Joe the Plumber

I thought I'd bounce this back up. I'm sure it isn't just me, is it...?

3. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

The unbranded ones most probably come out of the same
    factory,there are vast differences in manufacturing (buy cheap=expect cheap result) :(

Some tap manufactures supply quality flexible tap connectors with their quality taps,there easily recognised. Only seen quality flexible tap connectors when working in Germany,maybe thats why sf are having difficulties there selling unbranded tat.

Have noticed the woven braiding to be more rigid on newer items although they still lack overall quality. As everyone knows the spiral coloured fleck in the braiding is there for a reason :D

Avoiding them like a bad paying customer is my idea !

TT:D

Joe the Plumber likes this.
  4. Joe the Plumber

Thanks Teach. I've never been a fan of flexible anythings in plumbing. You can't beat a nice bit of copper and brass.