Number of Bathrooms Required

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Pagloss1, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Pagloss1

Pagloss1 New Member

I would appreciate a bit of advice regarding bathrooms to houses.

In a two bed house would installing an ensuite bathroom into each bedroom instead of having a seperately accessed communal bathroom conform to building regs?

2. With there be a further loo in the house, so's peeps - including visitors - don't have to traipse through a bedroom each time?

3. Pagloss1

Pagloss1 New Member

Hi, yep there is a seperate toilet downstairs.

To give a bit of background to my question the bathroom to the house is currently downstairs in a rear single storey extension. I want to move bathroom/shower facilities upstairs but as the extension does not extend to the first floor it can't go there and I dont want to reduce one of the bedrooms to a single room by using part of it to form a bathroom. The bedrooms though are both of a size where they could both take an ensuite shower room/toilet

4. I can't see any reason, therefore, why BC would have a problem with that. I don't know for sure tho'...

A quick call to BC?

I'd have thought that 2 en-suites would be pretty desirable.

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I remember in the late 50's the "Ensuite" was kept under't bed, tha knerrs. Saved a trip down't garden. ;)

6. Pagloss1

Pagloss1 New Member

You're showing your age now John !!!

Thanks for the advice DA, much appreciated.

7. builderlondonuk

builderlondonuk New Member

I don't think Building Regulation stops you from having ensuite bathrooms as long the ensuites are done properly

[​IMG]

8. Yeuch - tacky

9. getroofingquotes

getroofingquotes New Member

Best to have one communal bathroom for the family members and the guest usage. And one bathroom for the masters bedroom.

10. I have to say I disagree - tho' it's only an opinion.

Having en-suites is very desirable for most people. It's a 2 bedroom house, so any overnight guests will have their own bathroom.

A day-guest will have access to the downstairs loo.

Sounds ideal to me.

Pagloss, I'd make one a shower and one a bath.

11. Pagloss1

Pagloss1 New Member

Thanks DA, i'll do that.