O2 MOBILE PHONE CONTRACTS

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by palavaman, Feb 15, 2017.

1. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

If you ever get an unsolicited call from a company called Airtime Solutions, then run a mile. They operate the greatest SCAM you can imagine.
    I have been an O2 customer for over 10 years and was with T-Mobile for 15 years before that. In 2014, the said Airtime Solutions rang me saying: 'As a valued O2 customer, they can provide me with the best contract. To do that, I must switch from a personal tariff to a business tariff and by doing so, I will be put on a 3 years fixed contract but this will be reviewed every year if a cheaper deal is available.
    Like a lamb to the slaughter, I fell for it. What a mug!! When I received the contract (about 2 weeks later), I wasn't happy as most of the promises I had been given off the phone were not there? I contacted them but they said my contract is with )2, not with them. I contacted O2 but O2 said my contract is with Airtime Solutions and not with them O2? Well, my direct debits go to O2, not to Airtime Solutions? What a SCAM. The most annoying part is that the Ombudsman says I should deal with Airtime Solutions, not O2 and for that reason, they -the Ombudsman- will not contact O2 on my behalf to investigate and resolve the issue???? WHAT???
    So now instead of renewing my phone every 2 years, I have to wait 4 years before I can renew my phone or allow Airtime Solutions to scam me even more by upgrading every year.
    DO NOT HAVE ANY DEALINGS WITH THIS COMPANY: AIRTIME SOLUTIONS. And when your current phone contract with O2 is up, move to a better company like BT Mobile. You have been warned.

2. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'm with o2 so I'll watch out for this. Being an FSB member is really helpful in situations like this with their free legal advice and help.

3. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I am in same situation but my contract about to end in April, they tried to get me to renew and harassed me for months, I'm looking for decent business contract if anybody knows of any

4. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

We had a tariff with a similar company, supplying us O2. We paid £30+vat a month for the first phone, unlimited calls, unlimited texts, unlimited data. £9.50+vat for any additional phone to pair onto the same contract. We had half a dozen phones with them, 36 month term. The company went squit, and O2 had to reluctantly take on their contract directly with us! They were not happy with taking on the deal, but did for the remainder of the term.

5. palavaman

The industry regulators will clamp down hard on the main utilities providers. So a way around that is for them to use 3rd party contractors. That way they exempt themselves from discrepancies while benefiting from any scams the 3rd parties provide.
    As for new contracts, BT Mobile is the best to sign up to for the moment. As a ''new entrant'' to the market, they are trying to gain a reasonable share of the market, hence the current deals being offered.
    If you don't want to take out a handset contract, then just buy a handset from giffgaff and sign up to a sim only contract with BT Mobile. For all my kids, I bought the phones from giffgaff, then took out a monthly sim only tariff wit BT Mobile with monthly caps. So for example, the youngest one has a £5 monthly tariff which is capped at that amount. Once he reaches the spend cap, I am sent a reminder asking that it be increased but I just ignore the reminder. He always uses up the data bundle but phone and texts he doesn't. So I know he can be reached or he can reach me if need be.

6. palavaman

I got a text message from Airtime Solutions with the following message:
    ''Within the next week, you may receive a text survey from O2. All customers who score 10 out of 10 for all criteria will be entered into a FREE PRIZE DRAW for 6 months free line rental and a bottle of champagne. If you require further help or support please call us on: 01902 719870 or email admin@airtimesolutions.co.uk otherwise we look forward to entering you into our free prize draw! Many thanks''

Now, I find that confusing? Most folks (I am a prime example) don't have the time to respond to any kind/form of survey. So a reputable company will say something in the lines of: ''For all those who take the time to respond to the survey, they will be entered into a prize draw ......''
    But by encouraging your customers to lie by giving you 10 out of 10 on all questions relating to a survey just confirms that you know you are doing something wrong and without bribing your customers with the promise of a 6 months free line rental, their response will reveal how bad a service you are providing. Madness, utter madness.

7. Sparkielev

Mine due in April and airtime can go f@#$ themselves gonna look for better contract

8. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

Try Vodafone . I negotiated £9/month for 1000/unlimited/1Gb SIM only contract with 4G! Cheap as chips! DONT succumb to the unsolicited calls or emails. Do your own negotiating and if you don't like it, walk away!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  9. Sparkielev

How long was contract for thanks

10. yorkyguy

yorkyguy Active Member

One year!

11. Sparkielev

That good will give them a ring thanks

12. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I was with Vodafone, but they sent me written bills that I had not asked for and then charging me for them. I am now with EE . Good as gold and excellent coverage,here and in Europe. :)

13. Reed

Reed New Member

Hi
    I need help unlocking a phone from o2 .
    I have stopped my contract and went to bt
    O2 said they would unlock it if i had a running contract with them and for free all to do is the phone serial and fill a online request in. They will issue a code by email 3 days later .
    Can Any 1 who still has an o2 contract elp please

14. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Keep gard up for scams. Latest one is a phone call about a problem... With the advice.... Let see if together we can get to the bottom of the problem.. Then the questions start... Your name. Address.. Postcode.. Ect... Easy to fall for these types of scams and be sold something or get your identity stolen..

15. Reed

Reed New Member

No scam or anything . I did that in the past but unfotunately i stopped my o2 contract .
    I have done it via ebay now
    . Cheers