"off the shelf" built in wardrobe

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Matt Gardner, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Matt Gardner

Matt Gardner New Member

Hi,

I have been asked to build a wardrobe about 3 metres wide with sliding mirrored doors.
    Is anyone familiar with off the shelf products of good quality that are reasonably straight forward to fit?

Thanks

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I used to use doorsdirect but most of the sliding doors I've used are similar and pretty easy if you go for one where there is a bottom track and wheels on the doors.

3. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

I have fitted a few of those also, they are pretty straight forward, I have used Magnet a few times but doors are pricey, I found the B&Q ones slightly better to fit and cheaper, I seem to remember there is an issue with having to fit the track directly to the floor so that if they came off the top rail, the doors would not fall on anyone. So make sure your floors even, and watch out when screwing the rail through carpet that you don't catch a thread!

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The type I am talking about has the wheels on the bottom and the top track is simply a w shaped extrusion.

5. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

Agreed, it is not hanging from the top but just held in position.