oil boiler issues

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by StuartPick, Oct 12, 2021.

1. StuartPick

StuartPick New Member

I have a customer with a warmflow white utility 70 oil boiler.
    boiler refuses to light.
    I have changed the nozzle and fuel pump and set the pump pressure to 8 bar as per manufacturers instructions.
    The boiler motor runs, solenoid opens, sparks but no ignition ??
    Oil appears not to be vaporizing at nozzle, just squirts out

Think the customer might have put red diesel in the fuel tank.
    Would this cause this ?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Take a sample and see if it has a red tinge. Depends on how much diesel is in the mix. We currently run the workshop boiler on 75% kero and 25% used engine oil, lights and runs OK without smell or smoke. Could be a filter blocked, how is the oil delivery to the pump, how quickly does the oil come out when you bleed air from the high pressure bleed. Could be the pump is at the end of it's service life. Look at the last oil delivery receipt, it will tell you what was put in the tank.

3. StuartPick

StuartPick New Member

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply, I will check the colour of the fuel and the filter for a blockage.
    Hopefully that’s the fix !

Many thanks

Stuart

4. heatyman

heatyman Well-Known Member

Try another nozzle.

5. Creek

Creek Member

I had the same problem. Turned out, water had got into the tank over the summer, and when I turned it back on in autumn, the boiler would not ignite due to water being in the oil. Drained about 80L of water/oil mix from bottom of the tank and now runs fine.

6. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Stuart, what did you find? share it with us.