Oil boiler vs Electric boiler

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Peter Alderson, Jun 28, 2018.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

Excellent, he's been tranquilised.

Heat likes this.
  2. Heat

Heat Active Member

Sorry, I now realise my answer was too accurate and unchallengeable for you to cope with. I guess you were hoping for an angry response. ;)
    I will keep it simple next time, just for you.

3. sparkykent

sparkykent New Member

You assume I wanted an angry response yet in the same sentence you refer to your boring inaccurate rant as unchallengeable? Hahaha 40 years experience hmmmmmmmm

4. chippie244

Nurse....

Heat likes this.
  5. Heat

Heat Active Member

OKAY Sparky, boring is subjective, so let us allow you that, but over to you now on the “inaccurate” part or parts alegedly of my post ? :p

Let us have your answer. I will begin your reply to help you,
    “ The inaccuracy is ............... .....”

6. Heat

Heat Active Member

I think he needs nurse to bring him tablets and a dictionary.
    He has become very slow at responding. :(
    I think his life support may soon be switched off.
    Hopefully. :p

7. sparkykent

sparkykent New Member

We????
    Pa hahahahaha

8. chippie244

Nurse Ratched doesn't mess around :)

Heat likes this.
  9. Heat

Heat Active Member

No, - be brave and start your proper reply with -
    “The inaccuracy is ....”

10. Heat

Heat Active Member

I forecast Kent is going to be very dull tonight.

11. Heat

Heat Active Member

I think Sparkykent is in a different time zone to me, - possibly several years behind. So I will come back when he catches up.;)

12. Anyway, I'm sure my engineer isn't lying when he tests it and says it's pretty efficient. When he opened it up recently it was pretty spotless inside, just a light grey colour, no ash at all to speak of. I'm planning on leaving it alone till I need to change it. Plenty of other more pressing things to spend money on.
    The main reason for the post was to decide the best course of action because the oil tank was rusting. The problem was there was nowhere else for the tank to go but in the same position next to the house. It was too tight a space for a bunded tank so I went for the simplest and as it turned out, the cheapest option which was to have another steel tank, same size same position on the same piers but with fire proof board fitted to make it comply with regs. The only difference is that this tank is better than the old one because it is braced inside so stronger.

Heat likes this.