Oil Burner

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Anthony Toner, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Anthony Toner

Anthony Toner New Member

I have a pressured heating system fueled by oil. When the boiler is on the burner never pauses or hibernates for 5-10 minute intervals; it just burns the oil for the full duration the boiler is on for. I have a thermostat in sitting room which is working and is set 25 but this does not seem to kick in. I had the burner replaced last year and wonder if this has anything to do with it. It really is like a boiling kettle that does not switch off when the water is boiled.

Can anyone advise problem and solution?

2. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

The burner is perhaps an unpowered burner and not compatible to your boiler supposed output/house heat requirements.
    Or it has not been set up correctly.
    Worst case it could have coated the boiler inner shell in a layer of soot and therefore will not properly transfer heat from burner through the boiler steel.
    That would cause damage to the boiler.
    You need to get the person back that fitted the burner, or a decent oil engineer to sort it.
    The boiler control thermostat also needs checked, although probably not the issue as you mention your room stat temperature is not being reached