Oil-Fired Heating unit information

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Curtis H, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Curtis H

Curtis H New Member

Looking for any and all information on what I belive is a 1970s Texaco Fuel Cheif suspended/hanging oil heating unit with Texaco Fuel Cheif "TFR" MP 2256 burner . Also has a tag for PowRmatic uh 140 model number. Cabinet is green and burner is red. This is hanging in my great great grandfather's inspection garage. Thank you for any info as I have found very little.

Attached Files:

2. Tony Goddard

Tony Goddard Screwfix Select

Powrmatic are a long established brand of oil and gas unit heaters, they are still going strong in illminster - they probably made them for texaco

https://www.powrmatic.co.uk

give them a call, I'm sure they will be able to advise, I'm sure it's 60's or 70's vintage

3. Curtis H

Curtis H New Member

4. Curtis H

Curtis H New Member

Thank you. Yes I believe it is '74. There is a Fire Marshall inspection sticker on it which I belive may have been done after production and before it could be sent out to the public.

5. Tony Goddard

Are you in the UK or US Curtis, maybe Texaco had the rights to make and sell the product stateside, or visa versa

6. Curtis H

Curtis H New Member

7. Curtis H

Curtis H New Member

I am located in Pennsylvania US

8. Tony Goddard

I've done some more digging, turns out Powrmatic is a US company, the British company is a subsidiary. There is a lot of historic info on the Powrmatic US website - typical story of a European immigrant fleeing the Nazis, heading to depression era America with nothing and building a huge business through grit and determination - the American dream as it was - when the US & UK were the manufacturing powerhouses of the world.

Love Pennsylvania, my cousin is an Electrician over there in Paoli, been many times!