Old Baxi boiler issue. No hot water or central heating

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by A.e.w, Jul 22, 2019.

1. A.e.w

A.e.w New Member

Hi, looking for a bit of advice...
    I have an old Baxi 80e combi boiler which is showing fault neon on the fan / flue so I'm not getting any hot water or heating.
    One plumber has already looked at it and after a tinker, it worked for a couple of days but then died again. He suggested the air pressure switch, which has now been replaced but again, this only fixed it for a couple of days.
    Any suggestions as to what else could be causing the fault?
    If all else fails, I would look at getting it replaced. Do Baxi have a direct replacement boiler where all the pipes and flue will be in the same positions just for ease?
    Thanks

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    They are simple to fix, just get an engineer to look at it ,

Good luck
    Peter

The Teach likes this.
  3. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

As mentioned by Kiaora,there easily fixed but getting older boilers fixed these days is a problem.

For an easy exchange with minimal water pipe alteration,the baxi 224-228 & 424-428 is fairly close. The safety valve is in a very different position and a condense pipe will be required.
    The flue outlet pipe is also central so that hole can be use with some adaption,the new baxi is slightly shorter but thats not a problem :)

TT:D

4. Baxi Boy

Baxi Boy Active Member

If you can’t get an engineer to fix it properly,you could ask for a Baxi engineer to call,then you will know for sure what is wrong and if parts are available,it may cost £100 or so,just for a diagnosis but maybe worth it.Otherwise a replacement could be £1000,plus fitting.

5. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Some manufactures charge £350+ for a fixed cost repair visit and they can be fussy on what they repair but you only find that out when they actually visit. Although they can refund some of the prepaid fixed cost fee :(