On a plane

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tetleyman, Mar 21, 2011.

1. tetleyman

tetleyman New Member

Can anyone tell me why they always sell Toblerone chocolate bars on a plane?

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Since Kraft's takeover of Cadbury's leading to the closure of  a chocolate plant in the South West, aircraft are now obliged to sell Toblerones on all flights. Doesn't matter whether your travelling with BA, Air France, Easyjet , RyanAir or Emirates. Their holds are filled with triangular choc bars. This also explains why luggage allowances are going down (more room for the chocolate you see). ;)

PS, have you noticed that the cans of beer they sell on flights (Usually just after the medical advice film has been screened , telling you to avoid alcohol) are unusually small? (330ml.)  And vastly overpriced? I tried to get some at the local offie, but the smallest ones they have are 500ml for only 65p

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Is that the ONLY thing they sell then ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. Death

Death New Member

No, Handrew, they also sell euthanasia pills for those unfortunate enough to be sat near you.

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Ah, yes. I think I sat next to you once.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

6. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

It's to save weight. ToeBaLaRhone only has 3 sides, other chocolate is 4-sided squares and so heavier by 1 side.

7. joinerjohn1

Good call Grim and so logically worked out. ;)

8. Death

Death New Member

I happen to run an airline company and we sell Creme Eggs cos they only have 2 sides and that is why I'm in charge, cos I'm dead.

9. joinerjohn1

Is that the outside and the inside?