One about wall paper!!!!

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by house and home, Nov 17, 2012.

1. house and home

house and home New Member

A wallpaper Im looking at hanging has the following description on the back of the label regarding the paste to be used........It has to be paste the wall/ready mixed tub adhesive/ with no PVA/PVC in the paste...........................................where do I get such a product

B & Q sell the paper but not the adhesive
    Rang polycell to see what they say......................they dont do such a product
    Rang the paper designer/supplier and the phone number doesnt work

Im at a loss, Ive never come across such a paste before, the paper is a flock design paper and "quite expensive" per roll..................if it cocks up I cant afford to replace the paper!!!!

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Just use Solvite or simular paste, never had a problem myself.

3. Goodwill

Goodwill Member

Hi H&H, You can obtain the paste you require from Cole & Son.  If you go to their website you can locate your nearest supplier by entering your postcode.

Ready mixed tub paste is starch based and pH neutral.  I don't know if your flock wallcovering is vinyl or silk (most likely to be vinyl or similar) but it is best to smooth out with a felt roller so as not to disturb the fibres. 

4. house and home

Brilliant!!!!!! Goodwill,  cheers  will try that out and let you know what coles say!

5. house and home

Just been on Coles site, and my nearest supplier is only 5 mins away........................hopefully they have the adhesive I want!!!! cheers mate!!!!

6. house and home

Cheers for the responses, went to my local supplier today the paste was 2 years out of date but had an hour in there, talking about products etc and met a few other decorators, they all said that most of the ready mixed pastes would be fine, so I contacted customer and left it to her and she said "get on with it" so did the job and all is well!!!!!!!!!