One Radiator wont work

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by FagCardFreddie, Oct 5, 2022.

1. I have a towel radiator in the bathroom that will not work. All the others come on fine. I have tried bleeding it and turning both ends on and off. Neither of the tails that come out of the floor get warm either.
    Any suggestions?m

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Has it ever worked ?
    If it has a TRV ,remove the actuator head and check the pin in the valve body moves freely. Pressing down on it should move the pin down a few millimetres.

3. Notnowvicar

Notnowvicar Screwfix Select

are you sure that both valve heads are connected to the valves lots of bathroom ones have a hex head under a cover..

4. Many thanks for that, but it dies not have a TRV. I am not sure if has ever worked, I have only just taken it over.

5. Many thanks for that, but it dies not have a TRV. I am not sure if has ever worked, I have only just taken it over.

7. Thank you for your reply, I have taken them off and used a spanner. I am more concerned that the two pipes coming out the floor do not warm up; is that right?

8. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

If every other radiator has a TRV , close them all. If you have a hot water cylinder and a programmer ,set programmer for central heating only. Run central heating and see if problem rad now heats up.

9. Have tried that but no joy

10. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Close one of its valves ,open the air bleed valve and let water flow constantly from it for 10 seconds.
    Then open that rad valve and close the other rad valve ,and again let water run from bleed valve for 10 seconds.
    If water doesn't flow in either scenario you have a blockage.
    If system is sealed/ pressurised you will need to top up pressure whilst doing these tests.

Ccw71 likes this.