opinions

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Gatt, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

Screwfix took down my post last night, about the coloured woman, and the cop. It was only my opinion, and I wanted to hear other people's opinion's on the subject.

2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Having had no visibility of it I can't say one way or the other but having been on the SF forum for over 10 years I think it wouldn't have been taken down without reason.

3. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

I did mention kkk , maybe that's why, they took it down. Cheers anyway.

4. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Well you have answered your own question.

5. Hmm, mere mention of the KKK is unlikely to bring down a post, I wouldn't have thought.

I, er, wonder what else you said...?

6. (PS - nowadays it's polite to refer to afro-Caribbeans as 'black' not coloured...)

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Oh how times have changed, Black was racist, what 15 years ago.!!!, the trouble is, if the cap fits your a racist whether your mean it or not.

The police in the US are always going to be open for racial discrimination regardless of the circumstances.

8. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Gatt

I removed the message due to the language used in your post, which if I edited your post it would not have made any sense do I removed the post and with an advisement saying why it was removed.

Peter

9. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

I didnt see that post, sorry.

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If it is contentious it gets taken down

11. Give it a rest, Phil - oh ye persecuted fellow, you... :rolleyes:

You are racist if you are racist. Simple.

Using 'racist' language doesn't, in itself, make you a racist.

And making an innocent mistake certainly doesn't.

A substantial proportion - possibly/probably a majority - of the whole US population is genuinely racist in outlook.

12. Phil the Paver

From a sensible persons perspective it doesn't, but unfortunately, many a black person will deem you a racist regardless, what's the saying. "Is it cause I'm BLACK" I wonder how many times a police officer has heard that.

13. Most people are sensible, Phil.

Don't try and make an issue out of an unrepresentative sample.

And if a cop can't cope with being asked "Is it 'cos I am black" then he shouldn't be a cop. They get a similar amount of abuse from 'whites'.

Taken to the extreme is examples like the shooting of Walter Scott a few months back in the US. The footage is quite incredible - a harmless guy running away and the cop lets off 6 or more rounds into his back. Think about that. That cop did not consider the black guy to be human. He had no remorse, no emotional reaction other than to not get caught. He even laughed and remarked to a cop who turned up "Yeah, I'm all pumped up!"

Gatt likes this.
  14. Phil the Paver

I couldn't agree more re that case and many others, but that doesn't alter the fact that a very large number of black people use the fact they are black as some form of defence.
    Rightly or wrongly they do not do themselves any favours by always throwing the race card, it just makes matters worse for them long term as it alienates people against them, this is wrong in all forms as you rightly pointed out, we are all humans regardless of creed or colour and if we all got along it would be a wonderful world, oh we can live in hope.

15. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

It would be quite a horrible world if everyone got along fine and dandy like.

That would mean an endless supply of resources and the human population exploding until you just had standing room. Given how some chav blokes can use their populating tools it would be all too possible.

A bit like how farmers can pack 16,000 chickens into a 1000sq/m space. With facilities to allow the chickens outside but the facility is rarely implemented by the farmer.
    And still he can sell his eggs as so called "Free Range". And the gullible "consumers" buy it or don't care otherwise.
    The way (btw) that chickens can get along fine dandy being packed together so tightly is keeping them in the dark. Lights off.
    So their whole night/day system that is natural to them is turned on its head.

A bit like how "consumers" are kept or want to be kept when you consider modern cruel farming methods.

16. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

No worries Peter, I was just a bit wound up, about another, black person , being harassed by the cops .
    Then the poor woman hang's herself in the cells. Makes my blood boil . Needs to be some accountability , from the cops .

17. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Not so long ago it was supposed to be wrong to use the word "black", the accepted description was "coloured", now it's changed back again, so who changes it around? Is there someone in a high place who decrees what's politically correct and what isn't?

18. Phil the Paver

Yes there is and in most cases they are the biggest racists, but not against any ethnic minorities, but against white people, this in turn makes white people more racist against ethnic minorities, I'm not convinced its not done deliberately for their own ends, after all if we all got on they wouldn't have a job.. cynical you bet I am.

19. With you on here, Ry, there's no risk...

20. Give an example.

Just one.

And, after some frenzied surfing so's you finally do, compare that with the rest of the black population who do no such thing.