opinions

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Gatt, Jul 23, 2015.

1. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I think those ethnicity questionnaires are themselves racist and intrusive. The more the politically correct powers that be get involved with trying to make us less racist and I believe most of us can be the more racist we will become. I am totally confused by it all. Why are some people from Bradford called Asian when they were born in Bradford? Why do they have to be called anything? Do the PC brigade call them black or Asian? I really don't know.
    They are all just people, good, bad and indifferent.

Phil the Paver likes this.
  2. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Well said Paul. Peeps are peeps. Takes all sorts to make a world. Life would be dull if we were all carbon copy's.
    Any how's, off to pick up my daughter from last nights end of school year camping party :rolleyes: expect they have been tearing hatherleigh up and getting all teenagers a bad name :eek:
    That's a whole other thread! Can't stand the way all teenagers get judged!!!
    New thread later for that one I think :oops: coz that REALLY gets my goat :D

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  3. miss pickle

Not meaning you lot though:eek: nooooo coz I read some very nice things written about teens on here the other day :) I just mean in general! :oops:

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Mean what?

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Teenager :rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. miss pickle

Love that song Phil :D ha!

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Well it least that proves one thing. You ain't a black.
    Because blacks were never offended by JD's humour.

But there will always be plenty of you thin skinned left wing liberals willing to be offended in their place.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  8. Plumberbish

Plumberbish Active Member

I have nothin against blacks, asians, coloured people, even little green men, as long as they work to earn their keep, same goes for all the white layabout ****ks aswell!

9. Pure invention, Ry. Spoken by a 100% white man.

How can you delude yourself that such comments have any credibility?

Jim D just doesn't 'get' it. He reckons anyone who is offended by him just doesn't have a sense of humour, that's all. The irony being that it's those who find him funny who are the ones devoid of humour.

He is a nasty, small-minded individual, both in life and on stage.

When the guy was first challenged over the offensively racist content of his performances, he thought he'd try and demonstrate how misguided we were, how he actually respects blacks. Guess what he did? His next album cover had him standing in front of a urinal alongside a large black cove, with our Jim catching a sidelong glance aimed at the guy's tackle with an amused 'ohmagawd' expression on his face.

That evened it all out in Jim's sad little world; it's ok, I'm admitting that blacks have bigger c**** than us whities.

You couldn't make it up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
  10. Plumberbish

Plumberbish Active Member

im too young to remember his stand up etc, i liked him on big break but that was probably because i was just happy to be staying up late lol!!

11. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Which is the truth.

But as I said the biggest problem is you thin skinned lefties being offended in place of the people the joke is on.

12. "Which is the truth."

No it isn't, you complete and utter humourless moron.

The guy chust ain't funny - get over it.

If you do chuckle at what he says (as opposed to at him) your level of sophistication is at absolute zero. That's absolute as in absolute.

Twit.

Gatt likes this.
  13. Jim D treats blacks, gays and women with a similar level of contempt.

Wow, what a guy.

He does, sadly, have a following, mainly of those who think what he says gives them legitimacy in what they themselves think. Borne of bitterness and lack of self-belief.

Nasty, small-minded people who'd rather chuckle at others than try and actually improve themselves.

Pathetic bullies, in other words.

Granted, he will also have a following of people who simply do like his 'humour' and who don't share his contempt for those he lampoons. But I'm torn as to which group is more pathetic.

Nah - I've made up my mind; the latter group is just simple-minded, the former simple-minded and nasty.

There, sorted...

KIAB likes this.
  14. miss pickle

:eek: Dev stop!!! You will get told off :( the forum wouldn't be the same without you :oops:

You in a bad mood today :( be happy :) the newbies need you for advice on all the trade stuff!!! You do that so well with lots of detail! Too early to argue with peeps :eek: I'm only on my second cuppa.

I'm gonna work hard today dev :p

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

As does other so called comedians, Roy Chubby Brown is one example I don't find funny, prehaps it's me but, it's sad when you have to use belittle gays, women, etc to get a laugh, not comedy in my opinion.

16. Hey! I'm in a GREAT mood today :)

S******-off Ry and his cronies? That makes my day... :rolleyes:

17. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

The trouble with comedy these days it has to be so politically correct that very little material to work on and what is left is just not funny in my opinion.
    Ryluer is right in so much as people of ethnicities other than white are far less offended by jokes against them than some white politically correct people are on their behalf.
    In my opinion the powers that be have over egged the pudding as they do with a lot of what they get involved with.
    If some black person called me "whitey" or "white trash" do you think the police would be bothered?
    Racial discrimination should work both ways.

KIAB likes this.
  18. Yeah. Can't say I've seen much of his stuff, but the bits I have have made me cringe.

It's not that he's crude and belittles certain groups - that can actually be ok if it's done with cleverness and irony. Ie - it's clear the comedian is mocking himself - the sort of person who talks and behaves like his act.

Jim D? Nope - wysiwyg.

(My wife was an estate agent for a short time many moons ago, and had the unpleasant task of dealing with him and the purchase of a house for (one of his) ex-wife. Man - the guy was bitter...

19. Disagree completely, sorry Paul.

You reckon Ricky Gervais, for example, is PC? He takes the pee out of disability, Nazism, religion. And - most wonderfully of all - the high and mighty of the Hollywood elite.

A true genius. And a terrific bloke.

And Frankie Boyle, for heaven's sakes! Ohmagawd... But, another thoroughly decent fellow - all that stuff is delivered with cleverness and 'rony.

20. Soz - disagree again, Paul.

You think it works both ways? You gotta be kidding.

Chust try being a black person for chust a day in even this country.

You would not believe the differences in how you'd be treated and reacted to.