opinions

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Gatt, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

When the arguments lost the insults begin.

For blokes like you it should be mandatory that you graft on a building site for at least 2 years.
    That would thicken your skin and you wouldn't be such nimpy pimby wet blankets.
    Down there you'll get called * etc what evers going LoL.
    But then again a tough environment like a building site you would never understand.
    In you current form you'd last about 2 days tops.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  2. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

No.. he obviously thinks it "SHOULD" work both ways.
    And of course he is correct.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Since when did you try it? And what was it like?

Did you chust cover your face with boot polish? [​IMG]
    I mean CHUST what was it like?
    Is that how you can justify being offended in the name of others? LoL

4. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

If you tried to be a black person for just a day you would probably be arrested. Only joking :)
    I must state that I try very hard not to be a racist but I think that it is intrinsically within most people of whatever colour because if people have a different appearance that difference is the first thing you notice when you first see them but I suppose how you react to their appearance determines whether you are an active racist or not.
    No I think you are being over-protective on other ethnicities behalf when they do not necessarily need your concern.
    But that is a sweeping over generalisation. It depends whereabouts in the UK you are. In cities like London, Birmingham , Manchester and Leicester where there is a great mix of ethnicities most people will get along just fine. It might be different in some small towns and villages where the population is mainly white but even here I think we have moved on from what you think the situation is.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.

5. You chust don't realise, Ry, I was not being insulting there.

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I know. You were telling the truth CHUST like Jim Davidson tells it. It's Chust some people cannot see the funny side. [​IMG]

7. No, no, no. Sigh.

It shouldn't work both ways - no way should a white person take offence if called a whitie by a black person. Unless they wanted to try and make a pitiful point.

Why? 'Cos it ain't equal. Ethnic minorities in the West have a tough time.

When - if - true equality is achieved, then us whities can moan like everyone else.

I doubt that will ever happen.

8. Search long for that emoticon, Ry?

I thought so.

You clearly think you're a wit. You are only half that.

9. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Of course they shouldn't. Just like a black shouldn't take offence when called a *.
    It's only lefty thin skinned blokes like you who take offence in their place.

Edited due to unsuitable language

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  10. Your complete lack of understanding is perfectly summed up there, Ry.

I couldn't have put it more purely myself.

11. proby

proby Active Member

No were more predudiced than Africa, India and the Middle East.
    Not really supposed to use jock, Taff, or paddy here now.
    If you want equality it has to cut both ways not when you decide it's time.

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Yep, but us "whitey's" seem to have less chips on our shoulders. :D:D:D:D:D:D

13. proby

proby Active Member

Good point:D

14. PaulBlackpool

I agree with you but who is it that actually decides that we are not supposed to say this or that?
    Is there an Act of Parliament which lists the proscribed words?
    Is it a branch of the Ministry of Silly Walks by any chance.:)
    That would the Ministry of Silly Talks:D.

15. proby

proby Active Member

It's the goody two shoes meddlers who know s... that make the rules the rest of us are just supposed to agree

16. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

There is in Scotland.
    It's called the offensive behaviour act and, for the moment at least, is aimed primarily at offensive comments or songs of a sectarian nature.

People have actually been jailed for breaching it.

17. PaulBlackpool

Yes I have just had a look on Wikipedia. Seems to be aimed mainly at verbal abuse at football matches. Racist chanting at football matches is unforgivable. There is now a black team from Africa in the Tour de France which buys bikes for poor kids in Africa. They had racist abuse from another team which mainly has riders from another European country not the UK. So this is a worldwide problem. Sad when they have to resort to legislation to make people act decently.

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

In Eire, Ulster and Scotland there is a long history of bigotry based purely on which branch of christianity is practised,a bit like the war between sunni and shia muslims, nevermind the colour of someones skin.

19. PaulBlackpool

Very true alas.
    By the way I knew an Iranian guy once who said Arabs will fight over anything. "my camel is faster than your camel" or more likely nowadays "my 4wd is faster than your 4wd" etc. I think this was at the time of the Iraq/Iran war. That was a horrible war but then aren't they all.

20. JJ, for a start it's 'fewer' not 'less'... :rolleyes:

And us whities have fewer chips, eh? Well, no surprise there. Since we don't have the added hassle of being second-class citizens.

Don't even pretend that us 'whities' have it as hard as 'blacks', all other things being equal.