options for basin cabinet

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Alastair77, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Alastair77

Alastair77 New Member

We would like to have a free standing sink cabinet, but our builder says he can't move the pipes due to the joist at the bottom. Can anyone please suggest any other alternatives?
    If we buy any cabinet, will our builder need to cut the bottom part to allow space for the pipes? and then box the pipes?
    Any advise greatly appreciated
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

You would need to have the entire waste pipes and the 2 copper pipes rerouted.
    There would be no point in buying a free standing wall mounted basin unit and then boxing the base in.
    The difficult bit is not clear on photos - which is where the wastes join to below floor.
    Pipes can probably be piped against back stud wall, or if space to do so, fitted to inside stud wall

3. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I think it can be done.

The copper pipes can easily be altered.

The waste pi however needs rejigging. If a T is put right against the wall.

There are a wide number of units available with different service gaps/voids.

You want a unit(s) with adjustable feet not full height. I think there is about 130mm gap under the units so should be ok.

Looks like you have an alcove, what's the distance? vanity/basin units come in different sizes so you could possible have an additional unit or units on either side with a worktop.

4. Alastair77

Alastair77 New Member

Thanks so much for your replies
    The distance between the T and the wall is 15cm and between the T and the floor is 10cm
    Maybe a floor standing cabinet with a 10cm gap at the bottom would be the best option?

Attached Files:

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

The units I used came with adjustable feet, like on kitchen cabinets.

It is going to be slightly awkward but is possible.

What on the other side of the wall?